GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BBS Wheels: Show them off!

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Looks like the old EVO X MR wheel. And heavy.

It wouldn't be a BBS wheel if it wasn't on the heavy side! lol Personally I don't care, doesn't effect my quarter mile time on my daily commute in traffic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I got a response from BBS USA:

Yes. The wheels will be available in the USA.
The size to fit Golf will be 18x8 et44 or et45... final specs have not been determined.

We're still not sure when we will receive them as the wheels are still in the testing phase, it could be a few months.

Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
It wouldn't be a BBS wheel if it wasn't on the heavy side! lol Personally I don't care, doesn't effect my quarter mile time on my daily commute in traffic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm ok with wheels being on the "heavy" side too. The difference is really marginal, if any on the street.

Only set of BBS wheels I've owned. RS 301.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

burchtd

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'17 GTI S
Anyone seen the 18 inch RC's from the MK4's fit out cars; or is that just wishful thinking on my behalf? Actually CAN they even fit?

Also phenomenal wheels to everyone that contributed!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Correct, but you CAN get RC's in 5x112.
I believe they are 18x8.5 with an offset in the 30's
They could (should) technically work on the MK7.

burchtd

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'17 GTI S
Correct, but you CAN get RC's in 5x112.
I believe they are 18x8.5 with an offset in the 30's
They could (should) technically work on the MK7.

I saw that while I was poking around on the Internet after making my comment. The 300/302’s are what I’m after. The SUPER concave ones. But I think they’re mostly found as 5x120.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Sexy as everything !!! Where did you get that spec with the black finish/polished lip please?

Thanks! :D Faces are actually a custom finish, they're close to CSG in the daylight with a little less green. I also put gold hardware from BFI and polished the lips by hand so that part isn't perfect lol..

did a set of 17s when I had my mk6, sanded them down and polished those by hand; here's the thread from those but rip photobucket.

20160106_9664_BBSLM by Kyle Anderson, on Flickr

Slipstream

loweritonh&rsports.com
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

I got a response from BBS USA:

Yes. The wheels will be available in the USA.
The size to fit Golf will be 18x8 et44 or et45... final specs have not been determined.

We're still not sure when we will receive them as the wheels are still in the testing phase, it could be a few months.

Finally spotted a few photos of the XR on a car (MQBs, no less!). I'd like to see more/better angles, but they actually fit the MK7 lines pretty well. I'm interested to find out what the official specs are re: weight, price, etc. Agreed that they look like EVO MR wheels but that's not a bad thing in my book.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Finally spotted a few photos of the XR on a car (MQBs, no less!). I'd like to see more/better angles, but they actually fit the MK7 lines pretty well. I'm interested to find out what the official specs are re: weight, price, etc. Agreed that they look like EVO MR wheels but that's not a bad thing in my book.

Those wheels look "light/thin" for the car.....something is "off" about it...I prefer my TDPR3 five spokes in 17" on the estate....I do like the BBS rims on the alltrack in a post above..