Car(s)
leon cupra 300

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
If you see cold winter temps and this is a dual duty car that sees commuter miles I’d recommend you go with the 205F thermostat.

With winter temps in NC I could not get the oil up over 130-140F with the 185F thermostat. Our winters are mild compared to the northern states.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Bit of a follow-up. It seems like the gasket on the Bosch P3318 is super thin, the housing tends to leak between the filter and the plate.

I found a large package of VW filters that cross-reference fine, but a) aren't much better and b) don't have the nice hex fitting on top.

For the next change I'm going to try using one of these:

http://www.setrabusa.com/products/filters/engine/index.html

I think the thread pitch on the bar-tek adapter is 3/4"-16, so that's the one I'll be ordering. I think @Navi used something similar with his VWR kit. Absolute filtration is 30u, so quite good and plenty in spec with OE filters. Not 100% confident on the o-ring sizing though, so I'm trying to see if pure power has a filter that might be a closer fit.

I would say that -10AN lines might be an improvement as well, but I really need to hook up an oil pressure gauge--can't log modeled or actual oil pressure with mode 22 logging on my current tune/setup. I did have a motor failure with this kit, so I'm extra wary of pressure drop now (not that I think the kit is to blame).

edit: to follow-up, AMSOIL has a filter that should fit, EA034. and Pure Power's reusable filter is PP8431. For now I have a Fram XG2870A to try on my next oil change.

Last edited:

tmbzip

Ready to race!
I tried out the FRAM XG2807A, so far so good after a week but only street driving. It is twice the height of the original filter but clears the hood just fine.

snox

Car(s)
leon cupra 300
I just got bartek and the V2 is with a thermostat!
Good evening I would like to make a note because I ordered my bartek v2 and no it is not with thermostat they lied to me! But here it does the job, I will try it next year in the ring :)

Tazbtg

Car(s)
Golf r
You can use a brz or frs filter on the racingline kit instead of the tiny reusable metal junk.

This seems like a much better option since the gti needs an 18 row minimum for track use, and all of the money for either kit is really only about that thread adapter.
Brz or frs? Can you explain please ?

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Added Bartek engine and DSG coolers to my GTI. They are universal fit kits, took awhile to install, would have been easier to order the Racingline kits. The oil filter sandwich plate is identical to the Raceingline kit. Temps are about 20 degrees Fahrenheit lower on the street. True test comes in two weeks from now at Daytona.

Attachments

• F3286440-B55F-4C8D-8911-54250EB54CA0.jpeg
    F3286440-B55F-4C8D-8911-54250EB54CA0.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 104

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Added Bartek engine and DSG coolers to my GTI. They are universal fit kits, took awhile to install, would have been easier to order the Racingline kits. The oil filter sandwich plate is identical to the Raceingline kit. Temps are about 20 degrees Fahrenheit lower on the street. True test comes in two weeks from now at Daytona.
Nice! I love seeing the effort!

How many rows on the oil cooler? Is their plate thermo sandwich or pressure based?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Are you using -8AN lines on the oil cooler?