GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bar-Tech Tuning oil cooler

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Looks similar to the racingline design albeit with a larger heat exchanger and much cheaper filter. Attractive option I think.

Reactions: MSH

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I’ve been eyeing this kit as it looks compatible with a FMIC as well which is a bonus (I run FMIC currently and would need to switch to stock location to run Racingline kit). Who’s going to be the guinea pig lol

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
If I knew 100% I'd be staying with a VW as a track car long term, I'd order one right now to try, I added one in a cart and it showed $400 for it shipped to me, not bad at all..

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Someone on here has.
Thought it was
@j255c
But I think he might have built his own

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I have the adapter, but have been busy trying to close on a home. It’s way down on the list of priorities at the moment. I will maybe have results in the spring.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Looks similar to the racingline design albeit with a larger heat exchanger and much cheaper filter. Attractive option I think.
You can use a brz or frs filter on the racingline kit instead of the tiny reusable metal junk.

This seems like a much better option since the gti needs an 18 row minimum for track use, and all of the money for either kit is really only about that thread adapter.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition

Does anyone know if that Mahle oil filter is stocked by someone in the US? I assume Mahle North America would stock it. I'd like to avoid ordering extras from Bar-tek. I realize I could stock up on a shitton of them but would rather not. I did reach out to Bar-tek to try and get a Mahle part # on the filter. I have to imagine there may be other options vs the Mahle one as well. I may end up ordering this one instead of the RL which I was just waiting for a good deal on.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Does anyone know if that Mahle oil filter is stocked by someone in the US? I assume Mahle North America would stock it. I'd like to avoid ordering extras from Bar-tek. I realize I could stock up on a shitton of them but would rather not. I did reach out to Bar-tek to try and get a Mahle part # on the filter. I have to imagine there may be other options vs the Mahle one as well. I may end up ordering this one instead of the RL which I was just waiting for a good deal on.
There's someone selling the RL BNIB in the marketplace here. I'd just order bar-tek and assume you can get a p/n off the filter they include. If not it can't be too weird of a size.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
There's someone selling the RL BNIB in the marketplace here. I'd just order bar-tek and assume you can get a p/n off the filter they include. If not it can't be too weird of a size.
Yup I saw it and was tempted but seeing this one is a 19 row kit for $458 shipped I'd much rather have the Bartek solution

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
It looks like a common thread spin on. I'm sure you could take the filter to an auto parts store and go through a few boxes to pick the right size.

For either kit, keep in mind there's no factory style drain mechanism so you're pretty much guaranteed to spill the entire filter of oil as you spin it off. I believe a few folks have done relocation sandwich style adaptors to move the filter somewhere and into the hanging position... This is a good solution.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
...I'd just order bar-tek and assume you can get a p/n off the filter they include. If not it can't be too weird of a size.

Well I guess Bartek doesn't care to provide Mahle Part #s for the filter. I asked but only got this.
As you mentioned, will just pull the part # that is hopefully on the filter once it arrives.

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 9.29.28 AM.png

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
@MSH It's getting closer to warmer weather and want an oil cooling solution.

The Bar-tek looks the most appealing, but did you ever order or figure out the filter

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
@MSH It's getting closer to warmer weather and want an oil cooling solution.

The Bar-tek looks the most appealing, but did you ever order or figure out the filter

I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I just installed MPI so been focused on that and getting re-tuned. Between that and still needing to install a bunch of other stuff that's been sitting in the garage for a while (APR catch can, iABED oil pan, euro tails) I'm holding off on any more purchases until I catch up on getting those things installed.
I'm hoping in another month or two I'll place the order for the Bartek

tmbzip

Ready to race!
Bump, I inquired with them as well and was told the part number was Mahle OC295, trying to find an equivalent that's cheaper (without a nut on top) but not sure which yet. Probably easier to just find one in a store and test them out.