GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bang for your Buck - $1,000 to spend

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Depending on what tires you have now, tires are the single best mod you can do these. It completely transformed my car. The car grips and goes, no more extended wheelspin or wheelhop. No more squeeling and leaning over in hard turns. The stock all seasons are trash.

If you've already got good tires, I'd go for a tune. Cobb, APR, JB, pick your poison.
Agreed wholeheartedly.
Tires have the biggest impact on every aspect and also to every other mod that you do to your car.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
I'm sorry, is it really spelled Skormby or is it Schkormby?

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Question for the "get a tune people": is that really a good idea before replacing the garbage OEM tires? Won't you just get more wheel spin?

asking for a friend...

You bring up a good point. I always forget I upgraded my tires. Definitely a necessity

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Question for the "get a tune people": is that really a good idea before replacing the garbage OEM tires? Won't you just get more wheel spin?

asking for a friend...

Yes, but it's kinda fun. I got tuned at about 7500 miles then purposely went out and killed my Hankooks within 2 weeks, and then got some better rubber.

cb1111

Bank for your buck? A driving school. Automatically moves with you from vehicle to vehicle - no worries about compatibility

The Goose

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG PP
If you can throw another couple hundred at it, I'd look at some of those 19lb Neuspeed wheels. Save you like 6-7 lbs per corner.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
If you don't really care about going fast in a straight line...tires and suspension.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Tune it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I just received a $1,000 check as a death benefit for a relative I literally never met. Sweet!

Naturally, I want to spend this on my black '16 GTI 6MT Autobahn w/PP. Only things I've done to the car so far are window tint, clutch bump stop, and small interior cosmetic things (like, really small - metal rings for the climate control/interior knobs, glossy Audi 12V plug, and rear stainless steel door sills).

If a $1,000 check were to suddenly fall into your hands, how would you go about spending it on your car? Would you spend it all on one larger thing (i.e. a new set of wheels and/or tires, set of WeatherTech mats, etc.), or would you space it out over multiple parts/mods? And if so, what would you get?

Any and all suggestions appreciated!

I've never seen someone so happy that someone lost their life whether you knew him or not.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
I've never seen someone so happy that someone lost their life whether you knew him or not.

I mean, if I was put into some kind of a rewards lottery where I got a grand every time someone died of blood loss through the dickhole, I gotta be honest: I'm kinda gonna start rooting for blood loss through the dickhole. I'd get one of those big #1 purple foam fingers with "blood loss through the dickhole" written on it and everything. Knowing the collection of noodles atop my shoulders, I'd probably have full on soccer chants and cheers worked out by the time my second cheque came in.

But that's probably just me.

Edit: Did I mention that really good tires are really important? Yeah, good tires are good, and you need them, but the best tires are the best, and those are the ones you want really.

True baller gascap attached.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I mean, if I was put into some kind of a rewards lottery where I got a grand every time someone died of blood loss through the dickhole, I gotta be honest: I'm kinda gonna start rooting for blood loss through the dickhole. I'd get one of those big #1 purple foam fingers with "blood loss through the dickhole" written on it and everything. Knowing the collection of noodles atop my shoulders, I'd probably have full on soccer chants and cheers worked out by the time my second cheque came in.

But that's probably just me.

Edit: Did I mention that really good tires are really important? Yeah, good tires are good, and you need them, but the best tires are the best, and those are the ones you want really.

I like you and you can be both funny and informative but I obviously place a lot more value on life then you.