GOLFMKV

Badgeskins Enhancements - Mk7

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Gave my Tiguan engine cover a new look a while back along with the front and rear badge overlays. The brake caliper vinyls have been great and have had no issues

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE 6mt
I have an '18 with LP, with red GTI grill inlay, and amber deletes. If I remember, Ill post pictures later since my phone is in my bedroom on the 2nd floor and Im on my laptop in the basement with no pictures, and Im lazy today.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
installed my visor covers today. looks great but they are NOT sticking... I followed the directions, washed with soap and water, dry with microfiber, then alcohol, but no joy...

anyone else experience this? any workarounds?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
needs to be warm out

hair dryer?
I actually tried blasting them with a heat gun, seemed to make it worse. they got kind of weak and bubbly. I"m letting them sit overnight before I try and peel the backing off. if still no good I might try some spray adhesive on them

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
installed my visor covers today. looks great but they are NOT sticking... I followed the directions, washed with soap and water, dry with microfiber, then alcohol, but no joy...

anyone else experience this? any workarounds?

I actually tried blasting them with a heat gun, seemed to make it worse. they got kind of weak and bubbly. I"m letting them sit overnight before I try and peel the backing off. if still no good I might try some spray adhesive on them

I'm having the same exact problem. :(

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Heat gun might be too much. I used a hair dryer, with the backing off, to carefully warm the decal and smooth it out. It looks like part of the visor now.

This was a few years ago. Assuming that the decal product is still the same.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
the driver side visor sticker is no good. it completely fell off the visor and I found it sitting on the seat this morning. tried reapplying after cleaning again but there is no stickiness left. I'm going to try emailing and see if I can get a discount for just a single replacement, because the passenger side looks great!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
hmm weird. I cleaned my area with 95% IPA and a microfiber and let it dry. Then applied but left backing on. Everytime I got in the car in the morning and at night I gave it a firm press all over. Did that for a few days and then peeled off the backing and it looks perfect. Temp is the only thing I can think of.

murph3699

Go Kart Newbie
I've been happy with everything I've got from Badgeskins...and Klii. In my case I have the badge overlays for the front, back and sides, airbag light, steering wheel badge and start button. I got the plaid rearview mirror and steering wheel VW overlay from Klii as well as the red center cap overlays. I do have overlays for the visors but I got them from someone on the Facebook page.

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I'm having the same exact problem. :(

Heat gun might be too much. I used a hair dryer, with the backing off, to carefully warm the decal and smooth it out. It looks like part of the visor now.

This was a few years ago. Assuming that the decal product is still the same.

I went back and hit mine with a hair dryer and they look much better! I guess I just installed mine when it was a little too cold out. I was extra careful not to let them get too hot and used just enough heat to activate the adhesiveness. Now the edges are sticking as they should and there are no bubbles. It's been a few days and about 30-50 degrees here, so I think they are good to go.

Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself and won't find them laying on my dashboard when I go out to the garage later. :rolleyes: