GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Badgeskins Enhancements - Mk7

nype

Drag Race Newbie
I actually tried blasting them with a heat gun, seemed to make it worse. they got kind of weak and bubbly. I"m letting them sit overnight before I try and peel the backing off. if still no good I might try some spray adhesive on them

Heat gun might be too much. I used a hair dryer, with the backing off, to carefully warm the decal and smooth it out. It looks like part of the visor now.

This was a few years ago. Assuming that the decal product is still the same.

KyACRASH

Go Kart Newbie
Ride
2015 GTI 6MT
the driver side visor sticker is no good. it completely fell off the visor and I found it sitting on the seat this morning. tried reapplying after cleaning again but there is no stickiness left. I'm going to try emailing and see if I can get a discount for just a single replacement, because the passenger side looks great!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Ride
2015 GTI; 2003 Saab
hmm weird. I cleaned my area with 95% IPA and a microfiber and let it dry. Then applied but left backing on. Everytime I got in the car in the morning and at night I gave it a firm press all over. Did that for a few days and then peeled off the backing and it looks perfect. Temp is the only thing I can think of.

murph3699

Ready to race!
I've been happy with everything I've got from Badgeskins...and Klii. In my case I have the badge overlays for the front, back and sides, airbag light, steering wheel badge and start button. I got the plaid rearview mirror and steering wheel VW overlay from Klii as well as the red center cap overlays. I do have overlays for the visors but I got them from someone on the Facebook page.

VL3X

Ready to race!
Ride
2017 GTI SE
I'm having the same exact problem. :(
Heat gun might be too much. I used a hair dryer, with the backing off, to carefully warm the decal and smooth it out. It looks like part of the visor now.

This was a few years ago. Assuming that the decal product is still the same.
I went back and hit mine with a hair dryer and they look much better! I guess I just installed mine when it was a little too cold out. I was extra careful not to let them get too hot and used just enough heat to activate the adhesiveness. Now the edges are sticking as they should and there are no bubbles. It's been a few days and about 30-50 degrees here, so I think they are good to go.

Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself and won't find them laying on my dashboard when I go out to the garage later. :rolleyes:

Robajon

So I grabbed the passenger airbag and power button sticker a couple weeks ago and thought I'd try out the new steering wheel strip as well. For $5 why not? Other stickers worked great but the steering wheel sticker feels like...well...putting a sticker on your nice steering wheel. I took it off after a quick days and no residue was left over. Overall worth the experiment.

I think the only the only situation it would be good for is putting it on temporarily for a track day.

BecauseMotor

Ready to race!
Front and rear under badge vinyls
Front and Rear GTI Blackout Vinyls
Steering Wheel GTI Blackout Vinyl
Radio Power Button Blackout Vinyl
Passenger Airbag Blackout Vinyl
all from Klii

thez99

Go Kart Champion
the driver side visor sticker is no good. it completely fell off the visor and I found it sitting on the seat this morning. tried reapplying after cleaning again but there is no stickiness left. I'm going to try emailing and see if I can get a discount for just a single replacement, because the passenger side looks great!
This sounds like way too much bullshit just for a sticker underneath your visor..Money better spent elsewhere

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
all of the GTI guys can do stuff to their front logo because they have the red stripe that follows from the lights to the grille... however, unless you modify the chrome stripe in some way, the R or the golf LP look odd with the logo blacked out... imo of course

caleb.mk7

Ready to race!
Went full matte black. Had trouble finding pictures online prior to ordering so I'm gonna leave these here.

The matte is a nice contrast to the gloss inlay on the VW logos. I really like the look - better than the gloss black badgeskins I had on my last mk7.

Attachments

It's Sam

Go Kart Newbie
Ride
2017 GTI SE
I want to revive this thread, because Badgeskins recently did a big upgrade to their website and product line, and they added a fair amount of new stickers for the MK7s, some of which look pretty sweet.

I really like these, they make the Performance pack calipers look really, really, cool. I'm on the verge of ordering a red set with black Volkswagen script.

They also have a handful of new tints, some chrome deletes, and some new options that affect a lot of the products.

Pictures, anyone?