GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Back. Sort of

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Here is my "new" replacement for the dearly departed GTI.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...elper.selectedEntity=c21969#listing=303028051

Its in perfect condition for an 11 year old VW save for the typical saggy headliner along with some rock chips on the front and a couple minor scratches. Turbo good, chain tensioner updated with new chains, engine completely resealed with updated RMS and breather. DSG serviced 2K ago and was its 3rd. Oil done every 5K according to service records with unknown brand of 5W-40 synth. Brakes are good, tires suck, but overall a nice tight piece. Will be the Dad Wagon for the next few years til another GTI or R (MK7 or 8) comes along. Will be cruising the MK5/B6 forums but Golf MK7 is always home :D.

cb1111

Gee, I don't know... that tint looks like a ticket magnet :p

What are you going to do about the headliner? That would drive me nuts. Otherwise it looks good - except for the blacked out grille but that is an easy fix.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
There is a place about 10 miles away that specializes in VW/Audi/BMW/MB euro headliner replacement. Already quoted $375 using OE part installed. Have a spare chrome emblem from past VW that is going on when car rolls in the driveway :).

Not worried about the tint ;).

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
We dragged both of our young kids around in a couple of Passat wagons of this era. They hold a ton of stuff. Great to have you back.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
lol, Mortal Komfort Wagon.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP