GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Back of the Dragon (VA) Dec. 3 2020

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
@tigeo, @3underpar, @StealthGTI what does your availability look like on a weekday during the last week of April or first week in May?

Unfortunately, my second VA-CA-VA road trip has put me in the hole for PTO. My vacation balance won't be back UP to zero until June. I consider leaving my job from time to time. But they'd take that negative PTO balance from my final paycheck. HAHA! I'll have to skip this adventure. I need to stay put for a while. Thanks for thinking of me!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Matt

IF we can work it not being 27-29 Apr, I'd love it....just came down with cloud training for work, so I'm out Tues-Thursday that last week. I'll see if I can cancel it lol.....

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I'll be down in Travelers Rest SC for a driving event 4/28-5/02 so that's a no-go for me too.
What's this event you speak of?

I would be able to make the May dates but seems most are set for the April slots. Have fun!

3underpar

Car(s)
Mk7.5 gti
my bad yall! been awol, clearly. last week of april works for me. i may be on maui the first week of may but last week of april should work. 29th might be ideal since my birthday is the 30th and the fam may be mad if im not home, but if thats the date then so be it

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I’ll keep my eye out for the next one. I’d enjoy meeting other members but I’m only in town a few weeks before I head out for work again. So far I have the fall free.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Alright guys, we're going to postpone this trip and try again in early summer (thinking end of June). It turns out the stars aren't aligning for this time of year given everyone's busy schedules and other circumstances resulting in a low turnout.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Trust me, weekdays are the best days for driving the more known/publicized roads (like botd). I did over 5000 miles last season driving the mountain roads in VA/WV/KY/NC/SC/TN. .
Can I pick yours (and everyone else’s) brains when we get closer to July. I’m leaving Leesburg 7/14 for Austin around 7am and I’d like to spend a few hours hitting the local roads. I should be in the area 11am-3pm then off to Nashville.

Last edited:

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Bumping to keep us thinking about this...

Unfortunately, my second VA-CA-VA road trip has put me in the hole for PTO. My vacation balance won't be back UP to zero until June. I consider leaving my job from time to time. But they'd take that negative PTO balance from my final paycheck. HAHA! I'll have to skip this adventure. I need to stay put for a while. Thanks for thinking of me!

My schedule is opening up BIG time after May 14th. I should be able to join you any day of the week after that. :p

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I’ll pass the torch to someone else to try to plan the next one. Sorry ya’ll, my summer schedule is getting kinda hectic. I’ll join if I can, but nailing down a solid date in advance is difficult for me this time of year.