GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Back of the Dragon (VA) Dec. 3 2020

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Virginia usually gets a lot of rain in April.

What about May, like on the Memorial Day weekend?
Holiday weekends are especially tough for me. I can do any day during the week (the roads are likely less crowded at that time too).

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Virginia usually gets a lot of rain in April.

What about May, like on the Memorial Day weekend?
Agree with bypassing April....maybe late April, but that place will be packed Memorial day weekend, so we need to avoid it. We had to pull off on our last trip and wait 10 min just to get a good enough distance from other drivers on the way back to make it fun......minivans going the speed limit should be outlawed on that road. just sayin

I vote middle of the week and we all just take a day off

Tornado18GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 GTI MT 12 GLI
Agree with bypassing April....maybe late April, but that place will be packed Memorial day weekend, so we need to avoid it. We had to pull off on our last trip and wait 10 min just to get a good enough distance from other drivers on the way back to make it fun......minivans going the speed limit should be outlawed on that road. just sayin

I vote middle of the week and we all just take a day off
I'm thinking of hitting it up the last week of April. I think the holiday week would be a shit show to be honest and I'd rather have less crowds. If I'm going I'm staying overnight possibly for a couple days due to the distance. It's almost a 12 hour drive for me....

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'm thinking of hitting it up the last week of April. I think the holiday week would be a shit show to be honest and I'd rather have less crowds. If I'm going I'm staying overnight possibly for a couple days due to the distance. It's almost a 12 hour drive for me....
I'm considering taking the family down the day before and getting a cabin near the lake...it's a state park, so pretty cool area.

Tornado18GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 GTI MT 12 GLI
I'm considering taking the family down the day before and getting a cabin near the lake...it's a state park, so pretty cool area.
Yeah I think I saw that log cabin option on the website.. I actually got some quotes from the Jail turned hotel down there. Owner sent me this incase anyone was wondering...

"Good evening we have rooms available for arrival on 4/24/21 departing 5/1/21

We have the following rooms types

1 room with twinn bed and in room bath 113.30 per night with tax
1 room with queen bed and in room shower 113.30 per night including tax

1 two room suite with a queen bed room and a king bed room . The bath for this suite is located in the queen room and these two rooms adjoin but have a door separating them . 169.60 per night

If you are want to book share the exact date of your arrival and departure and
The rooms you think for your needs and I will confirm your room

Mike Hymes
Owner
The Old Jail LLC "

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
Trust me, weekdays are the best days for driving the more known/publicized roads (like botd). I did over 5000 miles last season driving the mountain roads in VA/WV/KY/NC/SC/TN. .
man, must have been awesome with fewer people on the road due to COVID

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
You guys will not be disappointed!

Jake..... we’re gonna need a longer stretch of road to pull off on this go around LOL

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
You guys will not be disappointed!

Jake..... we’re gonna need a longer stretch of road to pull off on this go around LOL

We can always send two separate groups if we end up with a lot of cars. The lot at the brewery/food truck has plenty of space for a group photo.

Spreading out and making a running order worked out great last time so everyone could safely run their own pace.

Tornado18GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 GTI MT 12 GLI
We can always send two separate groups if we end up with a lot of cars. The lot at the brewery/food truck has plenty of space for a group photo.

Spreading out and making a running order worked out great last time so everyone could safely run their own pace.
So we nailing down a date? I'm itching to book a room. I'm pretty open that whole week as to when everyone wants to be there. Like I said I'm going to be staying a couple days anyways so...

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

All I know is I’m sticking with Adam and Matt..... they’re my kind of fast pace!!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So we nailing down a date? I'm itching to book a room. I'm pretty open that whole week as to when everyone wants to be there. Like I said I'm going to be staying a couple days anyways so...

I’ll have to sit down with my wife and see when will work for me. She’s the one who stays on top of family events and appointments.