GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Back of the Dragon (VA) Dec. 3 2020

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
As the title states a group of us are planning to visit VA Rt16 between Marion & Tazewell, VA

I’ll be organizing the group coming from the South, but anyone is invited to join us along the way or at BotD. All we ask is that everyone drive within their personal limits and leave the area as beautiful as we find it on arrival. Of course it goes without saying I’m in no way responsible for you Hoonigans so stay safe in every sense of the term.

I’ll be blocking off some space below for route details and approximate times as well as a list of those attending and what they’re driving. If you want to be added let me know.

https://www.backofthedragon.com/

Attending:

1. Mike S550 5.0 Mustang

2. Captainratty Mk7 Gti

3. Jake Mk7 Gti

4. Rick Mk6 TDI

5. Robb Mk4 TDI

6. swcrow Mk7.5 Gti

7. 3underpar Mk7.5 Gti

8. Tigeo Mk7.5 GSW

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Meeting spot in Marion, VA Shooting to have the whole group roll out FROM there by NOON, so plan accordingly to have your group arrive by 11-11:30ish.

1121 N Main St
Marion, VA 24354
United States

Southern route meet up locations:

STOP 1: Gastonia, NC 7:30am

2165 N Chester St
Gastonia, NC 28052
United States

military medal emoticons

Stop 2 : Wilkesboro, NC 9:00am

417 Oakwoods Rd
Wilkesboro, NC 28697
United States

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Me - rolling
3underpar - rolling
Tigeo - rolling
Jerseydrew- no station heard yet

Me and Tigeo will link up with 3underpar in Charlottesville

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
May be in. Let me get my head around my week.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Jake

How long is the tail drive?

tigeo

Autocross Champion

I'll be there with the Shaggin' Wagon.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Man I wish I could join. I put 1100 miles on the car in 4 days when I visited the tail last year. Mostly on the surrounding roads, moonshiner 28, cherohula parkway wayah road are all wayyyyy better driving roads than the tail itself, with 10x less traffic yess lawwd. I wanted to do the back of the dragon but didn't have time.

Have fun, post your gopro footage here after!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Man I wish I could join. I put 1100 miles on the car in 4 days when I visited the tail last year. Mostly on the surrounding roads, moonshiner 28, cherohula parkway wayah road are all wayyyyy better driving roads than the tail itself, with 10x less traffic yess lawwd. I wanted to do the back of the dragon but didn't have time.

Have fun, post your gopro footage here after!

I feel like to properly experience the Tail and the surrounding area you need to stay there a few days.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I feel like to properly experience the Tail and the surrounding area you need to stay there a few days.
Tigeo and I are in and out in one day lol

tigeo

Autocross Champion
1 full day is it for me for sure.