GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Back of the Dragon (VA) Dec. 3 2020

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Not what you had in mind, I'm sure. But here's most of the group when I arrived...

Well damn... Can't believe one of us didn't think to do that!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Waze is great in Hampton Roads. However, I found it mostly useless on my recent 7200-mile trip and even between Marion and home. I saw plenty of darkened cops sitting in the median with their lights off, yet no reports in Waze. Perhaps people just don't report on the open highway? Again, great in my local area, probably in Richmond, too!
Agreed - I've mostly used it in populated areas so you have good reporting. In some areas, not so much.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Why's that? How much hp does it have?
Jake will have to chime in on that, but it was a generalized statement. I wasn’t saying that reference this course in particular. I can’t remember his specs

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
No botdpix yet

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Is it just me or is everyone else driving around our neighborhood like they’re still on the trail? LOL

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Why's that? How much hp does it have?

That was an overstatement, I was able to disappear out of sight in the twisty sections where Mike (the Mustang) and I were on it hard. My big advantage was tires as Mike is on Summer tires which aren’t great at 50*F by any means.

We never lined up and honked, but our cars are evenly matched if mine isn’t a bit quicker. We passed a bunch of people in the 14 hour day, and a few times I had to let out to keep a safe distance from him. He has long tubes, full exhaust, intake, dyno tune, chassis braces, lowered (not sure on what), pads/fluid. It’s a very well sorted car outside of being too loud IMO and on a perfect day it would definitely be a good run straight line or on a track

Again, nobody was there to race or be competitive against each other just having fun, but Mike and I checked out whenever we turned the pace up beyond cruising. On a warmer day Mike would probably be faster than me since he’s got plenty of track time in that car (HPDE, TNIA)

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
That was an overstatement, I was able to disappear out of sight in the twisty sections where Mike (the Mustang) and I were on it hard. My big advantage was tires as Mike is on Summer tires which aren’t great at 50*F by any means.
The sound alone makes the overstatement solid lol. Having said that, I knew in that environment his was not the best matched.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Yall as well man that was a phenomenal time!

Easily one of the best days I've had all year haha I got back and passed out immediately. I'll let yall know if the dash cam footage is worth a damn once I find my card reader.

Also the photographer texted me and said our shots should be on the site by this afternoon:cool:

I wanna see your Volvo project, you have a IG?