GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Awkward Gym Moments

YeahBuddy

Go Kart Champion
The one time I went to the gym nearest me it was suuuch a shithole. Havent been back since because I felt like I was going to get shivved. So naturally it being downtown Lowell, I was warming up with some free-weights and this guy sure enough comes over.. Starts lifting free weights facing the same mirrored wall and asks: "Hey man, Im really hurting, could I bother you for a few dollars?"

LIKE SERIOUSLY? THIS IS LOWELL. Hahaha. Fuck.

So I promptly left.

McQueen77

Banned
^LMAO! You ever get the guys that shave in there and discard of their whiskers on the floor?

I go LA Fitness now, and there is this dude whose NUTZ in the sauna. Buck nekkid. Constantly standing up and cracking his neck, rolling his shoulders, doing arm circles. He'll dump two bottles of water on the rocks and stand up and go "AWWWW WHAT A HEAD RUSH!!!!". Then he'll get on his hands and knees and start tinkering with crap under the rocks to get it hotter.

Its the whole 'make yourself at home' thing. I don't get it. These people have no shame or something... No restraint. Same people who go balls out on every sample table at Costco, or stand in line for 20 minutes to the stupid trader joes sample table, making traffic and congestion for people who are just trying to get in, go shopping and get out. Its like, get a life, is it that crucial that you get a quarter size piece of frozen enchilada? IS IT?!!!! "oh but its free". Then they like, saunter around eating their sample and just acting like it is their trader joe's, doing a little boogie to whatever lame song that loops on the trader joes overhead speakers for the 10th time that day, like Yakity Yak or something awful.. Same shit as in the gym. Like, this is "my sauna".. "Im really serious about saunas you guys.. i'm getting the maxium benefit of this sauna right now". DORKS! Or the guys weight lifting and just totally yelling. Yeah dude, we get it. You're like, really serious about weight lifting.. We're all super impressed. Now stop yelling and go back to talking to the marginally overweight girl that works at the gym with a shirt on that says "trainer" who makes like 8 bucks an hour but tries to convince people that their job is somehow better than working at the cell phone kiosk at the mall. "I'll have you know that I'm a personal trainer." Sure lady and I'm an astronaut.

Last edited:

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
^^^haha the yelling douchenozzles are funny there's an old dude in spaghetti strap tank and zubazz pants at my gym that does that. Super cool guy

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Ummm....got hit on today....

By a dude.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Sorry. Won't happen again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Touche Bowers......Touche.

No seriously. The guy commented on my arms as I was doing deadlifts. I didnt know what to say.

A_Bowers

Touche Bowers......Touche.

No seriously. The guy commented on my arms as I was doing deadlifts. I didnt know what to say.

That's breaking bro code. In a major way. Bro code number 278.....One bro shall not stare for more than 2 seconds at another bro while lifting, and most certainly not comment on how said bro's features look.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
That's breaking bro code. In a major way. Bro code number 278.....One bro shall not stare for more than 2 seconds at another bro while lifting, and most certainly not comment on how said bro's features look.

Hardest part was trying to judge if this guy really was gay or not. Its wasnt really a "Hey you're hot" sort of thing, it was a compliment on my arms.

But totally agree. Bro Code Broken. I need to punch him in the face next time to bring him back to manhood.

A_Bowers

Hardest part was trying to judge if this guy really was gay or not. Its wasnt really a "Hey you're hot" sort of thing, it was a compliment on my arms.

But totally agree. Bro Code Broken. I need to punch him in the face next time to bring him back to manhood.

Agreed.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
*disclaimer GolfMK6.com does not condone violence nor do we discriminate :p

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion

You're allowed to stare if they're making an absolute fool of themselves though.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
You're allowed to stare if they're making an absolute fool of themselves though.

Agreed. But the facial cue must be that of "WTF ARE YOU DOING"

A_Bowers

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Agreed. But the facial cue must be that of "WTF ARE YOU DOING"

True, should have clarified.

This one dude at my gym does the ab crunch machine that we have with way too much weight for his size. He should be doing MAYBE 50 lbs on it, while he has it loaded up with 90. He floats in the chair instead of sitting in it and fully crunching. Grunts obscenely loud while trying to "crunch" the weight using his whole body instead of just his abs. It makes no sense to me how he thinks it's effective and I give him said facial cue.