GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE Tuning Track Edition Fitment Issues

yyzGTI

I just got an AWE tuning track edition cat back for my '15 GTI and have an issue where the inlet adapter that fits into the OEM downpipe is the exact same diameter as the downpipe. Is this an issue that anyone else has encountered or did I receive the wrong part/faulty adapter?

The part in question is labeled LG in the diagram attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200613-190859_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200613-190859_Drive.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 82

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It’s exactly the same size because it’s a butt connection (like every Mk7 downpipe to catback connection including the OEM one you just removed).

Id recommend an upgraded clamp, AP Torca Tight 2.5” for that application as the OEM one usually doesn’t play will with aftermarket parts, although that was what AWE intended for you to use (reuse the OEM clamp)

yyzGTI

It’s exactly the same size because it’s a butt connection (like every Mk7 downpipe to catback connection including the OEM one you just removed).

Id recommend an upgraded clamp, AP Torca Tight 2.5” for that application as the OEM one usually doesn’t play will with aftermarket parts, although that was what AWE intended for you to use (reuse the OEM clamp)

Ahhh ok thanks. I'm used to doing work on motorcycles and slip on type connectors. I'm starting to see the same answers elsewhere.