GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE Exhaust Lead Time

gtitogolfr

Car(s)
GTI 2016
I got myself a set of AWE exhausts and was curious what lead time people have experienced with them recently. So far its been 3 weeks with no shipping info and last they said it was 30-35 business days which puts it at 6-8 weeks... I was hoping it wasn't going to be that long... What have people experienced?

gtitogolfr

Car(s)
GTI 2016
Oh boy hahaha, Ive heard of these... honestly its like a pair of headphones.... no ones happy with any of them 😂

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
My AWE Touring exhaust was ordered on 10/31 and didn't arrived until 12/10. So, their ETA is fairly accurate, 6-8 weeks.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Damn, i was hoping that some of the reports I heard they had sped up their lead time were true...

FWIW I ordered an AWE track exhaust yesterday and it shipped yesterday. Scheduled to be delivered today.

Ordered from ModdedEuros but it looks like it drop shipped from AWE directly. I live 25 minutes from both but that should only effect shipping times. I don't know what you ordered but if it's been several weeks I might reach out.

gtitogolfr

Car(s)
GTI 2016
Yeah its been 3 week already, i ordered the touring... I ordered through my trusted installer, so i might reach out to them and see what the hold up is.

gdub09

Ready to race!
Ordered track version from UroTuning, maybe 2 weeks max from order to doorstep

gtitogolfr

Car(s)
GTI 2016
Interesting, I wonder if they don't have touring as readily available? I wasnt sure I liked the track sound as much as the touring. We'll find out. I also did Performance by IE DP coupled with AWE Touring. Cant wait to hear what it sounds like, but still waiting, think its been about a month, ordered March 19th

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
The videos and recordings all sound different to me but based on the reviews it seemed like the touring wasn't much different than stock. The track was a bigger difference. If it's too much I'd rather add a Baun resonated mid-pipe than AWE's so the track just made the most sense to me

gtitogolfr

Car(s)
GTI 2016
Ahhh yes, I added a downpipe too was told that would help with the sound as well as some future mods I have planned thats why i went that route. I hate it when car people use qualitative vs quantitative methods to describe sound like they've never heard of decibels. Even on their website they rank it based on quiet to LOUD like that means nothing to me. give me some decibels!! haha.

gtitogolfr

Car(s)
GTI 2016
I was just told that AWE is backlogged and wont get to mine till mid to late May.... that is super disappointing.:cautious: