GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Avoid Speedwell Industries & East End Raceshop

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hard false. Have had 2 eBay transactions totalling almost $1,000 that Paypal just sat and did nothing about even though there was no tracking and no proof of goods delivered.

Never, ever trust the bullshit that Paypal sells you.

I had a guy buy a cell phone from me using Paypal and eBay and the phone was perfect. After a month he contacted eBay and said that the screen was broken and both eBay and PayPal stood behind him and refunded the money. Now I have a phone with a broken screen that was fine plus he used it for a month before filing a claim.

You should have filed a claim with your credit card company.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Who cares about the scratches on the inside. The one bent rim though is concerning if you can't get it balanced. With that said, it's very obvious that the damages were not caused by shipping and more than likely happened during the tire mounting/unmounting. Why would the wheel weights be missing? Makes no sense at all.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Hayden

Love/Hate Relationship
Car(s)
2016 GTI
$2500+ worth of wheels and tires for $1100...I’d say you still made out pretty darn good.

Meh. I’m not sure the wheels are really even “worth” that much..they’re “on sale” for $1,455 right now and the tires are cheap-o’s.

Who cares about the scratches on the inside. The one bent rim though is concerning if you can't get it balanced. With that said, it's very obvious that the damages were not caused by shipping and more than likely happened during the tire mounting/unmounting. Why would the wheel weights be missing? Makes no sense at all.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

I agree, I don’t care about the inside scratches.
The whole thing makes absolutely no sense.

I hope I’m not wrong in thinking I should be winning this charge back 100%. I have never done one of these before, but I proved it isn’t shipping damage and they blocked me and refuse to do anything. Don’t see how I could lose this chargeback.

Juggar

Ready to race!
Figured I’d come on and update the thread.

Jumped through their hoops and started the UPS claim. Sent all photos and information of all the damage.

Claim was denied (shocker), hit up Sam asking if he’s going to make this right (after ignoring 2 texts and a phone call from me all day yesterday) and the just of his reply is that they aren’t going to do anything because I have these FB posts up and apparently he “wasn’t aware of the charge back until yesterday”.

I’m not going to delete and of these posts until it a solution, why should I? If it gets resolved and I ultimately get my money back, I will update the posts with this info.

I guess I have to ride out the credit card claim now, the lack of care from these guys is absolutely mind blowing and I couldn’t be more frustrated than I am right now. Now he has blocked my phone number and blocked me on Facebook.

As a re-seller on eBay, I can say that a chargeback is the ultimate "Fuck you" to a seller. The moment you file that they have zero incentive to help you or "make it right" since you'll be getting your money back in full while keeping them item.

It looks like they might be in the wrong on this one, so maybe they wont fight the chargeback. As a buyer you dont always win but most of the time you do.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Meh. I’m not sure the wheels are really even “worth” that much..they’re “on sale” for $1,455 right now and the tires are cheap-o’s.

I agree, I don’t care about the inside scratches.
The whole thing makes absolutely no sense.

I hope I’m not wrong in thinking I should be winning this charge back 100%. I have never done one of these before, but I proved it isn’t shipping damage and they blocked me and refuse to do anything. Don’t see how I could lose this chargeback.

If you do lose the case don't forget that you can put your credit card in dispute. Actually you should have done that at the same time you started the chargeback.

Hayden

Love/Hate Relationship
Car(s)
2016 GTI
As a re-seller on eBay, I can say that a chargeback is the ultimate "Fuck you" to a seller. The moment you file that they have zero incentive to help you or "make it right" since you'll be getting your money back in full while keeping them item.

It looks like they might be in the wrong on this one, so maybe they wont fight the chargeback. As a buyer you dont always win but most of the time you do.

Yeah I realize that it’s kind of like a fuck you to the seller. But the weird thing is they were at least civil about the matter until the UPS claim got denied, then all of a sudden he “didn’t know a chargeback was filed” and refused to do anything. Which I don’t mind. I hope the chargeback hurts them, all I wanted was my money back and mail the wheels back, I didn’t want anything extra.

I didn’t even know that in the case of a chargeback you keep the wheels too..

If you do lose the case don't forget that you can put your credit card in dispute. Actually you should have done that at the same time you started the chargeback.

What do you mean by that?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah I realize that it’s kind of like a fuck you to the seller. But the weird thing is they were at least civil about the matter until the UPS claim got denied, then all of a sudden he “didn’t know a chargeback was filed” and refused to do anything. Which I don’t mind. I hope the chargeback hurts them, all I wanted was my money back and mail the wheels back, I didn’t want anything extra.

You paid using PayPal didn't you? There had to be a credit card on file with PayPal so you would dispute the charge through your credit card company and the others.

Juggar

Ready to race!

Technically they can sue for the wheels back in small claims since if you get your money back its unjust enrichment. Just because the credit card company says its ok does not mean you are legally in the clear.

I almost had to do this but won the chargeback as the seller. I would have has no problem taking off work and suing that guy in VA small claims.

Hayden

Love/Hate Relationship
Car(s)
2016 GTI
You paid using PayPal didn't you? There had to be a credit card on file with PayPal so you would dispute the charge through your credit card company and the others.

No, I paid directly through my credit card on their website. So I called my credit card company and filed a dispute.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I think people are missing the point here. Yes the wheels are used but if they are being sold as like new condition, then you expect it to be like new condition. If the wheels were advertised with gouges missing and a bent rim a doubt OP would have bought them, or not at the $1000 price tag.

I'm not sure why people are defending the seller here or saying who cares you got a good deal.

RRocket

Passed Driver's Ed
The bent wheel is enough for a refund.

If you win the charge back I assume you would send the wheels back as well, would be worth losing the shipping charges to be done with the whole situation.

damionrowe

Passed Driver's Ed
I think people are missing the point here. Yes the wheels are used but if they are being sold as like new condition, then you expect it to be like new condition. If the wheels were advertised with gouges missing and a bent rim a doubt OP would have bought them, or not at the $1000 price tag.

I'm not sure why people are defending the seller here or saying who cares you got a good deal.

Exactly. I don't understand people saying OP shouldn't care about the scratches. Why not?

They were dishonest about the condition of the wheels in order to get them sold. Advertise the correct condition and allow the buyer to decide if they are ok with it or not. I'd want my money back as well.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

If you win the charge back I assume you would send the wheels back as well, would be worth losing the shipping charges to be done with the whole situation.

Then they might turn around and blame him for the damage...

cb1111

He shouldn't pay shipping. Once he wins his chargeback, he can tell the vendor "send me a shipping label so I can send them back". If they send the labels then he sends them back.