GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Auxillary rally lights? Ideas?

gtifisherman

Thanks for all the replies! I've been busy with work and in the process of getting a possible promotion/raise, so I've been off the forum for the most part. I have decided I'm going to purchase the mounts posted on page 1 and Hella 500's with the white lights/white covers. I think it will look good with my carbon steel grey. I see if I can put together a write up and DIY once I put it together.

swcrow

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for all the replies! I've been busy with work and in the process of getting a possible promotion/raise, so I've been off the forum for the most part. I have decided I'm going to purchase the mounts posted on page 1 and Hella 500's with the white lights/white covers. I think it will look good with my carbon steel grey. I see if I can put together a write up and DIY once I put it together.
Take it from my trial and error.... Use the supplier harness/relay

imthanick_a

Drag Race Newbie
As for the mounts, they are 3d printed ABS plastic.... Pretty study, but the lights aren't that heavy either.
Not sure if they salt the roads down where you are at (probably not but just in case), but if they do then keep an eye on those mounts. 3D printed ABS has some compatibility issues with certain common chemicals that will cause them to dissolve. You should be okay, but every once in a while give em a good once-over and see how they look. The lights turned out looking great though!

swcrow

Drag Racing Champion
Not sure if they salt the roads down where you are at (probably not but just in case), but if they do then keep an eye on those mounts. 3D printed ABS has some compatibility issues with certain common chemicals that will cause them to dissolve. You should be okay, but every once in a while give em a good once-over and see how they look. The lights turned out looking great though!
Good to know, but the roads aren't salted here in SoVA that much. I will keep an eye on how they wear, but the maker uses them on his car and in MI they've lasted a full year with no issues....so I should be good, but I did wire tie them to the grill as well, as a back up just in case.