GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AutoX Events Near Boston

ginsy

Ready to race!
Trying to locate AutoX events in the Boston area. The ones I have read about dont have their 2021 calendars posted. This would be my first time ever doing any autoX event, so seat time is probably the thing I am looking for most.
I know of Devens (cant find any info on a calendar or how to sign up) and Limerock, which is a bit pricey, but has good reviews. Also no calendar available.

Anyone know of the dates for those or more options? Looking to get 5 or 6 days in this year.

Thanks

bfury5

Autocross Champion
There are about 7 or 8 clubs that all run at Devens. Motorsport reg website is where most events are posted and where you can sign up / pay.

A lot of clubs don't have their 2021 seasons posted yet. I personally run with the NER chapter of SCCA, the Boston chapter of BMWCCA, and Renegade Miata all at Devens (Usually 18-25 events a year). They're all great clubs, and plenty of others there as well. Track club is another that I've run with and was full of novices. Most clubs are very open to novices, but covid has put a little damper on that since in-car coaching isn't allowed.

My advice would be to check out the club websites for schedules, but I know only NER SCCA has posted their schedule so far for the year.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I've run with trackclub, ne-svt, and BMWCCA's novice school.

BMW was overall pretty great, but they locked out novices due to covid last year so I ran with the other two groups.... Which are actually the same group (also bay state corvette club). I imagine it'll be the same this year, at least until summer/fall.

You'll get a lot more seat time at non-SCCA events. Good general rule is to check the max participant number, the fewer people the more runs (usually!)

Keep an eye out on motosportreg.com. Devens is an amazing venue.

Once they start them back up, highly recommend the bmw novice school. Tons of seat time and instruction.

Last edited:

bfury5

Autocross Champion
I've been trying to figure out the same thing. If you feel like gettin a group of us NE'ers together to go, I'm f'n down, man.
Keep an eye on Motorsports reg for events and sign up when you can. Track club is a great place to start (more laid back atmosphere), and you're bound to meet some great people any any of the clubs