GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AutoPolar FIS on MQB

Chuckable

Ready to race!
Forgive me but I’m not familiar with the product. Does it plug into the OBD2 port and then interface with the center display?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Anyone fitted this to MK7 Golf yet?

I have had mine for a few weeks as I was sent it early my mistake & supposedly it is ok to install now, but it doesn't work..& flashed with latest software ending in 4

Basically no FIS screen & VCDS will not communicate with car even with the dash not in the designated "telephone screen". I have tried various module installs on the CAN gateway check list..they say use 75 (telemetrics)...which did sod all...& throws up error codes for "emergence button not installed" which it is an option on MK7 Golf. So I tried adding 77 (telephone) to the list & the car accepts the coding each time ok & show "unable to com with module" which is fine when I unplug the AP unit. But when I plug the AP unit in nothing, no FIS screen, VCDS communicated better with car & 77 module checked, but still only managed to communicate with 2 modules in the car!..

Basically they have no install manual for MK7 Golf, Skoda Octavia is what they have & what they & the UK importers have tested on, which is MBQ, but it doesn't' get electronic handbrake or the sos button (75 telematics) so the electronic modules are different...& I have the CAN module "high" spec version..

3yrs in development & they advertise & sell these in March for all MQB inc MK7 Golf...& purchased mine 16March & still FUBAR....

I'm having words with the UK importer....but this is just a heads up to anyone who is thinking of buying...DON'T...not yet anyway & you need VCDS or ODB11 to alter the CAN gateways.....I have VCDS latest cable (unlimited) & running 18.2...

From a slightly p155ed off bunny...

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Anyone fitted this to MK7 Golf yet?

I have had mine for a few weeks as I was sent it early my mistake & supposedly it is ok to install now, but it doesn't work..& flashed with latest software ending in 4

Basically no FIS screen & VCDS will not communicate with car even with the dash not in the designated "telephone screen". I have tried various module installs on the CAN gateway check list..they say use 75 (telemetrics)...which did sod all...& throws up error codes for "emergence button not installed" which it is an option on MK7 Golf. So I tried adding 77 (telephone) to the list & the car accepts the coding each time ok & show "unable to com with module" which is fine when I unplug the AP unit. But when I plug the AP unit in nothing, no FIS screen, VCDS communicated better with car & 77 module checked, but still only managed to communicate with 2 modules in the car!..

Basically they have no install manual for MK7 Golf, Skoda Octavia is what they have & what they & the UK importers have tested on, which is MBQ, but it doesn't' get electronic handbrake or the sos button (75 telematics) so the electronic modules are different...& I have the CAN module "high" spec version..

3yrs in development & they advertise & sell these in March for all MQB inc MK7 Golf...& purchased mine 16March & still FUBAR....

I'm having words with the UK importer....but this is just a heads up to anyone who is thinking of buying...DON'T...not yet anyway & you need VCDS or ODB11 to alter the CAN gateways.....I have VCDS latest cable (unlimited) & running 18.2...

From a slightly p155ed off bunny...

Aaargh, sounds shitty :-(
I don't know any owners of this device, but I'll keep an eye out for you on the German Golf 7 forums.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Aaargh, sounds shitty :-(
I don't know any owners of this device, but I'll keep an eye out for you on the German Golf 7 forums.

Thanks, let me know if you find anything out as either I have a dead unit or they have no idea what is required on the MK7 Golf....as it looks highly suspect as to "IF" any development has been done on the MK7 Golf as it all appears to have been done the MK3 Octavia...which at first glance is the same, BUT there are electronic differences...

just really p155ed off...£285 incl postage, item sent out (by factory to UK importer) with out main cable, waited for that then told don't fit it until we say so, ...so waited to be given the all clear..& now it don't work as it should..& prevents me from even getting access to the Car with VCDS (even when in correct dash screen eg not in telephone)...unless I remove the unit..& its supposed to be a "pass through" unit! for christs sake!!....:mad:

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Maybe it's best to send it back.. it doesn't sound like these people really know what they're working with, and you don't want any Gremlins on your canbus.

I see they're currently at an alpha-version of their software. As a software tester, this sounds like "it should not be outside the walls of the developer's office yet".

PF05 – PolarFIS MQB (alpha version)
https://www.autopolar.net/downloads/PF05_PolarFIS_Firmware_v0.1.3.zip
https://www.autopolar.net/downloads/PF05_PolarFIS_Firmware_v0.1.4.zip

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Maybe it's best to send it back.. it doesn't sound like these people really know what they're working with, and you don't want any Gremlins on your canbus.

I see they're currently at an alpha-version of their software. As a software tester, this sounds like "it should not be outside the walls of the developer's office yet".

PF05 – PolarFIS MQB (alpha version)
https://www.autopolar.net/downloads/PF05_PolarFIS_Firmware_v0.1.3.zip
https://www.autopolar.net/downloads/PF05_PolarFIS_Firmware_v0.1.4.zip

My thoughts exactly....

However this is the same software released properly for the pervious MK Golf & Audi TT...

& apparently it works all ok on MK3 MQB Octavia....BUT like you I do not like being a beta tester...let alone an "alpha" tester...

Oh but we have item for sale.....yeah right....

Like I say I'll give the importers a chance to sort it out....if not then I'll get ( I will) my money back...& BTW the car currently has no fault codes & VCDS works all ok without the unit installed...

& as a last piece of info/question...... in the install manual for Octavia they suggest to remove the battery connections before you plug in their unit & then state you have to carry out reset procedures for various modules...Now this is fine & I know...

However I did not do this...I left drivers door open, key out of ignition, & wait for the interior lights/fuel pump to switch off...car now in sleep mode...NOW I plug in their module etc...no need to disconnect the battery as basically the electrical circuits are dead after the main "X" relay...

I have done this many times on various modules on this car & others as its a safe way to do module work & it does not generate fault codes & you have no need to carry out reset procedures unless whole new blank modules...e.g. I can unplug the CAN gateway & replug it in & it will not generate an "intermittent com fault with CAN" error which it does if you don't wait for the "sleep" mode...

So would disconnecting the battery do anything else?....I can't see that it can & that's from 23yrs working on VAG cars & using VCDS for many years...:confused:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
That stinks. They make it sound like plug and play with the install video on the MK7 Jetta Sportwagen on their site.

Linky?...not seen that..I only see a MK3 Octavia video...:confused:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
That's unfortunate to hear it's not the bees knees. I remember when this was considered the tool to have on the mk5 and mk6 TDI when you wanted to monitor DPF regen and other stats.

Exactly... I remember when those first came out...& when they first announced the MQB platform ...3yrs AGO!!...

& they are selling & the importers etc are selling as for all MQB....yes I knew they were still early days..even after 3yrs work??...so I am prepared to put up with a certain amount...

BUT not working & declining VCDS access, & no instruction manual for MK7 Golf & only for Octavia & still on "Alpha" version for the software which as "Chillout" states shouldn't even leave the developers office...even I had to look up what "alpha" meant in computing!

If you are using the customer as a guinea pig at least tell them that they are "development" & sell the items at reduced price...NOT charge them full whack & tell them the product is AOK!

Like I say I've had words with the UK importer who I purchased off...& we shall see...if it comes to the worst & they can't sort it...and/or can't tell me when they will be at "beta" or even proper full program then I will demand my money back under sale of goods act..ie not fit as per advertised.....which would be a shame as I was looking forward to get this working...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
That's NOT MQB platform...

look at the box in the video & it has a "PF03" type (now superseded by PF04) stated on the white sticker....MQB is PF05 type...looks the same but isn't...& its only a basic screen & NOT a colour screen like mine.

https://youtu.be/VI0IKPY39hU?t=320

& that Jetta SW is MK6 Golf not MK7 MQB...which is different electrics..
Good info. I hadn't watched too closely but saw the title of the video on their site.