GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Automatic Rain Close

Fanis1

Ready to race!
Wouldn't it be better if it was only active in the case when at least one of the windows or the sunroof were open? I mean, the car sensors and knows when a window is open. It would make more sense if the sensor was only active when the windows were open.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
No problem with battery. I have had mine R with "Rain Closing" active for about 2 years. Have also had the car for long periods in the garage (using other cars or my bike). The car started directly.

/Peter

PS One thing - Can't get the sunroof to close, just the windows.

buyingconstant7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI 3 Door 6spd
I had a Mazda with a sunroof years ago. It was a clear day without a cloud in the sky. We stopped in a furniture store for 15 minutes. I left the sunroof open. When we came out the seats were soaked. That freak rain did a great job. So if you use your sunroof or like to leave your windows down, it's not a bad feature to have. Like was stated, (try) to remember to shut it off if your car sits idle for days at a time.

Yup. Happened to my 2013 Jetta. I parked in a restaraunt parking lot for 30mins. Skies were clear, weather was hot, not one sign of rain. Come back, and the car is in 1/2 foot of standing water and my interior is about 1 inch underwater. That was a bad night...

buyingconstant7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI 3 Door 6spd
Not enabled from factory.
After coding with VCDS you'll find it in the menue (Car > windows), then
you can activate rain closing each time you need it. Since it draws some
power/current, it should not be active permanently, as you don't want a
dead battery after two weeks standing in an airport parking lot.
From what I remember it's only possible up to 2015, not on 2016 models

My 2015 Golf didn't work with it. I activated it, and tried everything but rain close wouldn't work. Apparently only some cars do for whatever reason.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry, I'm just not seeing it guys. When do you turn yours on then? When you are expecting it to rain? Why not just put your windows up if that is the case?

If I park up in the morning and out for the day somewhere and it may rain. People are suggesting you leave it for a week while they are on holiday? That is pointless as what are they leaving the windows open for in the first place?

The car has been left for a a couple of weeks with no problems and will last weeks if not months with it left on.

flip7

Ready to race!
RLS Coding error for Automatic rain close.

So I was able to code the ECM to display the Rain Auto closing on MIB, however when coding the RLS, I am seeing message on bit 6-7 COntrol module not or incorrectly coded.

It does not allow me to code it from 96A8DD to 16A8DD

Attached is a PIC.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Today it rained in my car.... luckily I was around the corner and was able to remote close my windows..:mad:

Attachments

• rls coding.jpg
    rls coding.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 516

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Wouldn't it be better if it was only active in the case when at least one of the windows or the sunroof were open? I mean, the car sensors and knows when a window is open. It would make more sense if the sensor was only active when the windows were open.

That makes perfect sense. Unfortunately it's a VW. Perhaps if it were a Bentley...

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
No problem with battery. I have had mine R with "Rain Closing" active for about 2 years. Have also had the car for long periods in the garage (using other cars or my bike). The car started directly.

/Peter

PS One thing - Can't get the sunroof to close, just the windows.

Perhaps it does't draw that much juice.

You may need to check another box for the sunroof.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
You may need to check another box for the sunroof.

Hmm......... could be the setting in the BCM for (10)-Access control 2-SAD Richtung Komfortoeffnen. I can't remember which setting to use ("tilting", or "open"), but since the current setting doesn't work, try the other setting!

Don

rfc89747

Ready to race!
If I park up in the morning and out for the day somewhere and it may rain. People are suggesting you leave it for a week while they are on holiday? That is pointless as what are they leaving the windows open for in the first place?

The car has been left for a a couple of weeks with no problems and will last weeks if not months with it left on.

I think I'm getting close to the limit of playing devils advocate and almost trolling here so I'm sorry, but if you think it might rain, and plan on leaving your car for more than an hour, why wouldn't you just close your windows before leaving?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I think I'm getting close to the limit of playing devils advocate and almost trolling here so I'm sorry, but if you think it might rain, and plan on leaving your car for more than an hour, why wouldn't you just close your windows before leaving?

I normally do but it was a perfectly clear day.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

I normally do but it was a perfectly clear day. I lived in the northeast then. Where I live in Florida I never leave the windows open, even in the garage. We live on a lake and have too many things that sting or bite, and many are venomous. You don't want to be driving along and feel one on your leg. Let me see if I can list everything that's dangerous I've had in the garage or on the lawn: water moccasin, black racer, black widow, Carolina wolf spider. I won't bother listing the other large spiders :) We currently have an endangered lizard living in our garage behind something. It's perfectly harmless but I wouldn't want it crawling on neck while I was driving.

flip7

Ready to race!
made some more progress... Auto closing still not working

So I was able to code the ECM to display the Rain Auto closing on MIB, however when coding the RLS, I am seeing message on bit 6-7 COntrol module not or incorrectly coded.

It does not allow me to code it from 96A8DD to 16A8DD

Attached is a PIC.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Today it rained in my car.... luckily I was around the corner and was able to remote close my windows..:mad:

Ok, so I made the 06A8DD coding to stick in the RLS coding. However the auto rain auto closing does not seem to work for me.

Any hints?
I reset the wiper settings in MIB, the auto rain close is enabled, etc

Belix

Passed Driver's Ed
Apologies for the necro.
I enabled this a while back, but now during lockdown, the battery died on me, so I'm wondering if it was just time for the battery to go, or if this contributed somehow. Car is only used once a week or so now.

If disabled on the MIB, does that turn off the module and not have the continuous draw, or is the module still always active?
I noticed that the coding required setting the module to be permanently on, but I'm hoping using the MIB option to turn it off does shut off the module.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
props for search!

I can't help with closing but how old is battery? They seem to not last long and the 1x week isn't terrible but not the best.

Mud