GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Automatic Rain Close Finally Working -- 2015 SE with RLS sensor

Pbrowne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI
So I finally have successfully enabled rain closing in my 2015 Golf SE w/lighting. Mine has the RLS sensor.
Here are the steps that I took:
1. Hook up the VCDS cable and open the VCDS application on your laptop. Then turn on the ignition, but do not start the engine.
2. Go into [09] Central Electronics
3. Go into Security Access and enter 31347
4. Go to Adaptation and change the following:
• (15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active
• (16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanen
• (28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) – Set to Active (enables the menu in the Infotainment screen)​

5. Go back and into Coding in [09] Central Electronics and selected from the pulldown to select “RLS.” I used the Long Coding Helper to check the following boxes:
• Byte 0 bit 1: Rain/Light sensor active
• Byte 0 bit 2: Rain closing active
• This sets coding from 00A8DD to 06A8DD. Note that you can also enter the value 06A8DD directly.​

6. Go to the Infotainment screen in the car to go to Car then Setup then “Factory Settings,” then “Reset Mirror and Wiper Settings.” Go back to “Car” and “Settings: and check “Automatic Closing in Rain” if it is not already checked. Check that the “Rear Wiper in Reverse” box is also checked. Make sure that the “Convenience Close” has been selected, not inactive.

7. After that, make sure the wiper stalk is up one from the bottom position to the intermittent position.

8. Bes sure doors are closed. Open window(s) and/or sunroof. Turn off the ignition and remove the key/fob. Lock the doors with remote fob.

9. After a few minutes spray water on the windshield over the sensor and the windows should close

Some observations:
• If I unchecked the “Rear Wiper in Reverse’ box, the windows would only close once but not again unless I did another factory reset.
• If you unlock a door, you must turn on/off the ignition before relocking doors.
• Following the above instructions, the Automatic Rain Close worked after a few minutes, after an hour, and after 8 hours.

Last edited:

SchwarZ

So does this feature work when the car is parked and locked? Or is it only while driving?

Clearly not only while driving if you read the post :).
I think its initially meant for when you park and leave the windows open.

8. Open window(s) and/or sunroof. Turn off the ignition and remove the key/fob. Lock the doors with remote fob.

9. After a few minutes spray water on the windshield over the sensor and the windows should close

flygteye

Ready to race!
So does this feature work when the car is parked and locked? Or is it only while driving?

Only when parked AND the wiper stalk has to be in the "intermittent" position. I've had it work when I went into a store recently and when I came out it was raining....and all windows and sunroof were closed :) It's a cool feature.

stingguy

What is the Part Nmber?

So I finally have successfully enabled rain closing in my 2015 Golf SE w/lighting. Mine has the RLS sensor.
Here are the steps that I took:
1. Hook up the VCDS cable and open the VCDS application on your laptop. Then turn on the ignition, but do not start the engine.
2. Go into [09] Central Electronics
3. Go into Security Access and enter 31347
4. Go to Adaptation and change the following:
• (15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active
• (16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanen
• (28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) – Set to Active (enables the menu in the Infotainment screen)​

5. Go back and into Coding in [09] Central Electronics and selected from the pulldown to select “RLS.” I used the Long Coding Helper to check the following boxes:
• Byte 0 bit 1: Rain/Light sensor active
• Byte 0 bit 2: Rain closing active
• This sets coding from 00A8DD to 06A8DD. Note that you can also enter the value 06A8DD directly.​

6. Go to the Infotainment screen in the car to go to Car then Setup then “Factory Settings,” then “Reset Mirror and Wiper Settings.” Go back to “Car” and “Settings: and check “Automatic Closing in Rain” if it is not already checked. Check that the “Rear Wiper in Reverse” box is also checked. Make sure that the “Convenience Close” has been selected, not inactive.

7. After that, make sure the wiper stalk is up one from the bottom position to the intermittent position.

8. Bes sure doors are closed. Open window(s) and/or sunroof. Turn off the ignition and remove the key/fob. Lock the doors with remote fob.

Some observations:
• If I unchecked the “Rear Wiper in Reverse’ box, the windows would only close once but not again unless I did another factory reset.
• If you unlock a door, you must turn on/off the ignition before relocking doors.
• Following the above instructions, the Automatic Rain Close worked after a few minutes, after an hour, and after 8 hours.

I know you posted this long, long ago.....I have a 2015 SE wtih DLP and have not been able to get the rain close working. I've done exactly what you did above. Can you replay with the part number for the rain sensor.

Mine is:
Slave 2:
Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 5Q0 955 559 A HW: 5Q0 955 559 A Labels: 5Q0-955-547.CLB
Component: RLS 037 0059
Serial number: S4Y14M09D09H00M24S30
Coding: 06A8DD

Britishav8tor1

I tried this on mine but the original long coding for my RLS is 90A8DD when I check the boxes it changes to 96A8DD - Im tempted to hand type 06A8DD in, instead of using the long code helper. Any thoughts on this ?

One thing I did notice was that after I reverted everything back I wanted to make sure the auto wipers worked and I immediately ran water over the sensor and nothing but I cycled the stalk and put it back then it started working again I wonder if this step would help with the auto closing (far fetched I know).

Pbrowne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI
A couple of things I've noticed. A side window needs to be open for the auto rain close to work. Windows must be opened before opening the door. Using comfort open/close from the fob seems to cancel the auto rain close.

As for the coding problem, please read my original posting.

ABQ

I tried this on mine but the original long coding for my RLS is 90A8DD when I check the boxes it changes to 96A8DD - Im tempted to hand type 06A8DD in, instead of using the long code helper. Any thoughts on this ?

One thing I did notice was that after I reverted everything back I wanted to make sure the auto wipers worked and I immediately ran water over the sensor and nothing but I cycled the stalk and put it back then it started working again I wonder if this step would help with the auto closing (far fetched I know).

I believe the 2016 build cars have the code starting with '9' instead of '0'. Mine is a 2016 and I tried this mod last weekend (using DV52's instructions) and could not get it to work at all, either by leaving the first digit as a '9' or changing it to '0'. FWIW my car is a January 2016 build and has a RLH Sensor (RLHS).

focalBlur

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe the 2016 build cars have the code starting with '9' instead of '0'. Mine is a 2016 and I tried this mod last weekend (using DV52's instructions) and could not get it to work at all, either by leaving the first digit as a '9' or changing it to '0'. FWIW my car is a January 2016 build and has a RLH Sensor (RLHS).

Same here and no luck so far

ABQ

Tonight I upgraded my VCDS to v.16.8 and went into the RLHS long coding helper once again. This time, the check box changed the code to 94A8DD instead of 96A8DD. However, the module would not accept that coding.

Thankfully this wasn't, to me, a super-important VCDS tweak. The big one was getting the windows to open/close from the key fob, and that one worked perfectly.

Would still be nice to get this one working, though, just for the fun of it, if for no other reason.

For reference, here is the write-up I mentioned done by DV52 on the vwwatercooled forum:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/for...le-options-golf-mk7-84619-23.html#post1084337

Edit: Just realized I missed checking the "Rain Light Function Active" check-box in the Long Coding Helper. Hmm... I may have to try this again...

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
Sorry to bump an old thread....Do you have the coding in OBD11?

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
FWIW this started working recently via Carista also.

BucsiB

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I have a 2nd MK7 and can't get the rain close working.

I activated it on my previous one but I can't get it working on the new one.

This has RLHS.
Light sensor and rain sensor works well.

Is that true that it won't working on cars after MY16?

shotser

Car(s)
Mk 7 Estate Lounge
Jumping in here three years later. I have a 2016 with RLS sensor. Can't get it to work at all after trying everything I can find on the interweb. Anyone got any ideas? Using OBD11