GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Automatic Door Unlocking - DSG

Leader

On my 2019 DSG Golf R when I put the transmission into Park, ALL FOUR doors unlock (plus the rear hatch, too!). In reading the manual it seems this is the way the system was designed.
Is there a way to stop this from happening...turn OFF the auto unlock?
Here in the Urban Jungle of Los Angeles, there are lots of places where having the car unlock all four doors automatically (with an audible thunk) is not a good idea.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Should be under car settings. Just uncheck "unlock all"

Leader

Okay. If you set the car to AUTO LOCK the doors (when you drive off), then all doors will unlock when you go into Park.
With Auto Lock not selected, the car will remain locked when shifting into Park.
So, my question is: is there a way to have the doors Auto Lock on drive off, but NOT Auto Unlock in Park?
I have another German car that allows these two locking functions to be selected separately with several locking/unlocking options.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I think you can shift to N and just use P before you get out. Too bad you're in L.A., where only gangbangers carry weapons. There's at least one company that makes a tear gas or fogger system that deploys from under the rocker panels. Unless CA thinks they're too cruel to criminals.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What is the situation when you put it into park and the doors unlock? I mean are you exiting the car and then going to lock it? Sometimes when I'm at a stoplight that takes 3-4 minutes to go green again I'll put it into park and then just press the lock button on the door.

CharT99

I hated this "feature." I was out doing some testing at night and pulled into a dark parking lot. Last place I wanted the doors to unlock in "P."

You can code it with VCDS or OBDEleven.

09-Cent. Elect.
Security Access 31347
Adaptation-10
ZV Autolock-Autounlock NAR
Default is "active", set to "not active"

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Yes, it can be coded, from factory my UK car is set to lock over a set MPH and then will unlock when the door is opened (from inside) regardless of shifter position or ignition state.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I agree it's a dumb feature, especially on 2-door cars. I can see where you might want to regularly access the rear doors on a 4-door when you park, but there should be an option, especially for those without small children in the back seat. And you don't need to be in a "bad" neighborhood, you can get jacked or mugged anywhere. One reason I don't drive a BMW or Merc. Of course, the other is I'm too cheap.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I think you can shift to N and just use P before you get out. Too bad you're in L.A., where only gangbangers carry weapons. There's at least one company that makes a tear gas or fogger system that deploys from under the rocker panels. Unless CA thinks they're too cruel to criminals.

I've seen these...I like the flame thrower version