GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Automatic auxiliary heater

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
So I was playing with some setting and found the setting with it turned off, I turned it on but didn’t know how it worked, I googled/YouTubed and as far as I know it speeds up the coolant heat?
is that correct? Does it only work when my car is at a certain temp? Does it only work when my engine is running?
Also some other videos have have extra settings for timing to auto warm up but mine doesn’t have any of those settings just the check box to turn the auto aux heater on
So can someone be so kind as to give me a full noob breakdown of what it does and how it works pleaseeeee
And I’ll check it even works and what to look for.
Because it takes ages to get warm in my car and could be a godsend if it works how I need in winter ☺️

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
So I was playing with some setting and found the setting with it turned off, I turned it on but didn’t know how it worked, I googled/YouTubed and as far as I know it speeds up the coolant heat?
is that correct? Does it only work when my car is at a certain temp? Does it only work when my engine is running?
Also some other videos have have extra settings for timing to auto warm up but mine doesn’t have any of those settings just the check box to turn the auto aux heater on
So can someone be so kind as to give me a full noob breakdown of what it does and how it works pleaseeeee
And I’ll check it even works and what to look for.
Because it takes ages to get warm in my car and could be a godsend if it works how I need in winter ☺️
It's a PTC heater above your heater matrix. It will provide heat to the cabin while your coolant is heating up.

Operation is described in the owners manual.

misor1994

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GTD Variant
Those extra timing settings relate to the auxiliary heater, which can be operated even if the engine is turned off.