GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autobahn’s Build: HPDE Oriented Golf R

Autobahn

Go Kart Champion
Amazing build! I noticed that you got the Cup 2's for street use. Typically how many miles would they last?

thanks!

I’m not too sure, maybe 10k max but that’s just a guess. They don’t seem to pick up as many small rocks/gravel as my RE-71R track tires but still are very sticky. Also the tread isn’t very deep. I had planned to track them but I’m hesitant to beat up the wheels

Autobahn

Go Kart Champion
1/1/2021 Update:

Installing my KW Clubsports, Eurosport front strut bar, 034 upper dog bone insert, and alignment tomorrow.

Will corner balance once I get my ride height worked out.

Heading back to Auto Club Roval in a week, we’ll see how the new suspension and more seat time on the car/new turbo go.

Ordered some Stage 1 BFI engine mounts too

turbojzrr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
thanks!

I’m not too sure, maybe 10k max but that’s just a guess. They don’t seem to pick up as many small rocks/gravel as my RE-71R track tires but still are very sticky. Also the tread isn’t very deep. I had planned to track them but I’m hesitant to beat up the wheels

That does make sense. thanks a lot! I got a set of TC105x's as well with Cup 2's. Currently only using the Cup2's for track use but hell if they can last 10k that would be great to keep on all the time.

Autobahn

Go Kart Champion
That does make sense. thanks a lot! I got a set of TC105x's as well with Cup 2's. Currently only using the Cup2's for track use but hell if they can last 10k that would be great to keep on all the time.

Congrats, with how light they are, your car is going to drive great. If you stay off the curbs on track I think they’ll do fine

Autobahn

Go Kart Champion
Friday, 1/8:

KW Clubsports installed last Saturday along with my upper 034 dog bone mount to go with the APR insert I had installed.

Suspension feels great, I didn’t max out the camber front plates since -2.1 has been working fine with my RE-71r tires. I netted out at -2.3 with moving plates 80% inward, I didn’t want to cut the towers for ease of adjustment. Rear I bumped up to -2.1 from -1.8, I had the tiniest bit of tire wear on the rear passenger fender from December’s track event.

Headed back out to Auto Club Roval tomorrow unless they cancel the event last minute due to California lock down 🤦

Taking my track wheels to get rebalanced this morning, wheel weights melted off the passenger front wheel last event. I’m anxious to see how they fit with the new ride height, not too worried since 255/35/18 isn’t very tall at 25”

416E9A8F-D071-4BB9-9C86-DF90ADB8E990.jpeg

C3A69CB3-1965-4AA9-8348-058E7D3FC10E.jpeg