GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto start stop function

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
am couple of mpg's? that is a big change...much city driving?
never had a car with it.... yet
2/3 city : 1/3 A-roads & motorways with few stops gettin' 47mpg no probs, increases to 50ish on longer jouneys. You can control when the engine stops and re-starts but obs it ain't as smooth as 'regular' take offs. I read somewhere that starter motos can be expected to function circa 100,000 times in the lifespan of a car, with start / stop systems it's likely to be 10x that figure. Like a million :eek:....

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
In fairness to the system, if you're on max AC the engine shouldn't stop anyway.

I don't use the MAX AC setting because it recirculates the air in that setting. I smoke so I don't want the air recirculated. I will try it though to verify what you said.

Dervdave

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTD
What do you guys think about the auto start stop function.I am wandering how many disable it.

I bought a Kufatec module (about £30) that plugs into OBD to disable the s/s and can also be reactivated if wanted.

seanaodh

Not sure why you'd do that over getting an ODB11 for a little more. It can disable stop start and a hell of a lot more besides.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not sure why you'd do that over getting an ODB11 for a little more. It can disable stop start and a hell of a lot more besides.

If you're talking to me I'm just going to unplug the connection on the battery. By the way someone else said that the OBD11 can't do it. I don't know just passing that along. I don't need an OBD11 and unplugging it from the battery is free and I like free.:D

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
If you're talking to me I'm just going to unplug the connection on the battery. By the way someone else said that the OBD11 can't do it. I don't know just passing that along. I don't need an OBD11 and unplugging it from the battery is free and I like free.:D

Tell that "Someone else" they don't know what they are talking about.;)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

Fastest way to get loads of fault codes...…

Voltage or temp coding in BCM using VCDS...is the one way...or the Kufatec module or build your own adrino module like DV52 did...

anything else is stupid....the above ways are well proven over the past 4yrs by various people around the world...

seanaodh

Just to clear it up, in case people read the thread and get the wrong idea, it definitely can, because I've done it myself and it works.

The ODB11 app even has what they call an "app" that'll enable or disable it with one tap, so it's completely foolproof. No need to mess with manually changing values.