GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto Insurance Rate Increases

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
So I just got the wonderfully splendid news that my insurance premium for my two VW's is being doubled. šŸ˜¤The reason I was given was "nationwide rate increase was applied applicably based on an updated risk analysis of your area." Thanks for that, pretty sure I didnt get a raise at work to cover the increase which starts next month, so I guess I get to sell a car and remove it from the policy. Sometimes I dont even know why I try to get ahead, because every time I make headway, shit like this happens and puts me right back where I started.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What carrier do you have?

Brian_

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
So I just got the wonderfully splendid news that my insurance premium for my two VW's is being doubled. šŸ˜¤The reason I was given was "nationwide rate increase was applied applicably based on an updated risk analysis of your area." Thanks for that, pretty sure I didnt get a raise at work to cover the increase which starts next month, so I guess I get to sell a car and remove it from the policy. Sometimes I dont even know why I try to get ahead, because every time I make headway, shit like this happens and puts me right back where I started.
Sounds more like it's time to get a new insurance provider. If you show them you're not price sensitive they'll just do it again.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Safeco is the cheapest Iā€™ve found. I pay 115 a month for my R and a 2020 x2.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Just got our renewal notice from Progressive. Fairly significant % increase, though rates are still quite low. These are 6-month numbers:

'19 Golf R = from $225 to $274
'21 M2 Comp - $270 to $332
'22 Jetta GLI - $255 to $311

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
LOL DOUBLED? Definitely start looking for a new insurance company
I haven't gotten any notices from GEICO about any increases, currently ~$130/mo with fairly high coverage.

"nationwide rate increase was applied applicably based on an updated risk analysis of your area."
lmfao

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
I had Geico until a few days ago. Rates went up from $115/mo to $146/mo. All they could cite for me was ā€œinflationā€. Moved to Progressive, went down to $96/mo AND lower deductible.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I had Geico until a few days ago. Rates went up from $115/mo to $146/mo. All they could cite for me was ā€œinflationā€. Moved to Progressive, went down to $96/mo AND lower deductible.
I dumped State Farm after 35 years earlier this year. Shopped around for rates, and found that Progressive was shockingly lower than everybody I shopped. Obviously a lot factors into who's lower where - geography, age/driving records of drivers, etc. But it wasn't even close, and Progressive had superior online tools to everyone else. Very happy with the move. GEICO wasn't competitive, and often aren't if they are shopped. That lizard with his "you might save 15% or more on car insurance" like of BS not withstanding. That line means nothing anyways - carefully crafted to not promise anything at all.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Last time progressive renewed my policy it went from like $80 a month to $115 a month.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
We have Esurance and pay $96 a month for full coverage on my GTI and wifeā€™s Honda.

But is Esurance a shit carrier?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
LOL DOUBLED? Definitely start looking for a new insurance company
I haven't gotten any notices from GEICO about any increases, currently ~$130/mo with fairly high coverage.

lmfao
yes doubled, from minimum coverage and 500 deductibles on the GTI and Jetta @originally 1600-ish for 6 months - to now 3200