GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto Folding mirror coding issue with ODBEleven in 2017

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
So I installed my power folding mirrors in my GTI this weekend using USP's manual, took a little bit of time but got them done exactly as I wanted. I then went to coding and have not been able to get everything to fully function and was looking for some help.

I have a 2017 GTI with a Dec or Jan production date and all the ODBEleven functions do not seem to work with it, in the Apps menu the auto folding says "not supported" and when I go into the central electronics I do not see "access control 2" using the security access code. I was able to get the mirrors to function but the things that are not working are the puddle lights and the option to fold when pressing lock.

Additionally I was trying to get the windows to work via key fob and mirror dip in reverse and those also come up as "not supported" in apps, and I cannot get into them manually for long coding. I know the 2017s had an issue with compatibility at first and ODBEleven was slowly updating features, some apps do work like Urban joker tails and turning the soundkator off, but not all.

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Thanks for the input, that's really helpful, now I will go back through and try to find them to get everything working.

Lrlooly

Passed Driver's Ed
Below are the instructions for coding the power folding mirrors and puddle lights. When doing the coding for the mirrors and searching for Access Control 2, it will not be found. Instead look for Spiegelverstellung. This will have the necessary selections.

To enable lock/unlock power folding mirrors with key fob:
[09] Central Electronics
[16] Security Access - Code is 31347, click "Do it!"
[10] Adaptation, choose from the drop down channel
[23] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappen change to "active", click do it
[26] - Access control 2 - Menuesteuerung Funkspiegelanklappen change to “active”
[24] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus change to “by look command via remote control key”
Then in the car….
In the Media display
Click "Car"
"Setup"
"Mirrors & Wipers", select the option for “Fold away after parking.

To enable field lights on side mirrors:
[42] Door Electronics Driver Side
- Long Coding
-front_field_light --> active
-turn_off_front_field_light_with_folded_mirror --> active
[52] Door Electronics Passenger Side
- Long Coding

Bjenkins087

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 gti sport
Below are the instructions for coding the power folding mirrors and puddle lights. When doing the coding for the mirrors and searching for Access Control 2, it will not be found. Instead look for Spiegelverstellung. This will have the necessary selections.

To enable lock/unlock power folding mirrors with key fob:
[09] Central Electronics
[16] Security Access - Code is 31347, click "Do it!"
[10] Adaptation, choose from the drop down channel
[23] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappen change to "active", click do it
[26] - Access control 2 - Menuesteuerung Funkspiegelanklappen change to “active”
[24] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus change to “by look command via remote control key”
Then in the car….
In the Media display
Click "Car"
"Setup"
"Mirrors & Wipers", select the option for “Fold away after parking.

To enable field lights on side mirrors:
[42] Door Electronics Driver Side
- Long Coding
[52] Door Electronics Passenger Side
- Long Coding
I know this is a old post but i just recently bought the power folding mirrors with the puddle lights, i followed your instructions above in Spiegelverstellung for the folding mirror option as i have a 2017 sport. The mirrors fold/unfold when using the fob but I cannot get the puddle lights to work, the were working before I changed the settings that you suggested to change in Spiegelverstellung, is there something else i need to change?

Nevermind, my battery was low and it was not allowing the puddle lights to activate.

Last edited: