GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Austins w/ APR BBK

tpellegr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI S 6MT
Hi all. I just emailed APR who confirmed their 6-Piston BBK w 350x34 Rotors will not fit inside the stock Austins that I use as a winter setup. Anyone have any experience with fitting the Austins with a BBK using spacers? Would like to avoid (if possible) buying an entire replacement winter setup.

Here's the link to the kit I am running.

APR Big Brake Kit

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I have Macan BBK and plan on running 15mm front spacers with my Austin’s for winter setup. If you run 15mm front/20mm rear it sits nice and flush too.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Hi all. I just emailed APR who confirmed their 6-Piston BBK w 350x34 Rotors will not fit inside the stock Austins that I use as a winter setup. Anyone have any experience with fitting the Austins with a BBK using spacers? Would like to avoid (if possible) buying an entire replacement winter setup.

Here's the link to the kit I am running.

APR Big Brake Kit

These will make a huge difference to your braking. Great quality BBK.

Waiting on Apex wheels to launch there 17x9 SM-10’s which clears this BBK.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I don't think a 355m kit will fit under the Austin wheels. with my stoptech st40 kit i had to get the 328mm kit, and absolutely love the st40 setup by the way, one of my favorite parts of my car now. i run SRF fluid and titanium shims and even with 480whp i can't get these brakes anywhere close to fading. it requires 10mm spacers too which were easy and i think the car looks cooler with them anyway. I don't understand the aversion to running some small spacers?

if it were me I'd get stoptech and not APR personally. the st40 kit uses porsche big red sized pads so you have virtually infinite pad selection options, and with stoptech kit you can swap the pads out in like 1 minute without taking the caliper off the car, just pull the pads out the back of the caliper, so easy and fast.