GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Austin,TX Brink Motorsports A+

Uffda

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey yal.

Just wanted to share my build on my 2016 Golf R which I'm having done at Brink Motorsports in Austin, TX. Technically he is not in Austin but like the Dripping Springs area outside of Austin, TX proper. Easy to get to.

GREAT Service...very knowledgeable certified technicians on Audio, and VW.

They are doing some work for me now getting my car up to a Stage III + APR EFR7863 with a United Motorsports tune.

Here is a link to my Build Log.

Golf R (2016) Big Turbo Build
I have pictures during the installs so you can check her out.

Day 1 - Tons of stuff

• APR - Catback Black Diamond Tips
  • APR - Frontsway bar / endlinks
  • H&R - Rear sway bar
  • APR - Intercooler
  • APR - Boost hoses
  • APR - Pendulum
  • APR - Dogbone
  • APR - Elbow boost
  • APR - Downpipe
  • APR - Boost Gauge in cabin
  • APR - Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake
  • KW V1 - Coilovers
  • Integrated Engineering Caster Camber Plates
  • HRE - Flowform FF04 Wheels
  • Michelin Sport 4S Tires
Day 2 - Brake Bedding
  • Did some SpotTech brake bedding...love the blue'ng and the brake matter on the rotors now :p
  • I have included a StopTech guide on braking there stuff...and good advice for general brake bedding.

Day 3 - Big APR Stage III Turbo (Borg Warner) ETA Mid May *on vacation this week*

• Have my APR Stage III Turbo EFR7863 out with United Motorsports. He is replacing the APR Borg Warner vacuum waste gate and replace the actuator with an IS38 electronic waste gate controller. After its done and calibrated it comes back here to Austin, TX.
  • Then we drill the intake manifold put in the new fuel injectors, lines, rails, and fuel pump. We put the Big Turbo in the car replace the stock IS38. We put in a VW Performance Catch Can with the viking drinking horn looking windshield wiper delete container.
  • Then we tune tune and tune the ride with United Motorsports software.

Eric :D:D

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
He is definitely in Austin. Dripping is about 15 miles southwest.

Great shop and great guy regardless.

Grey Ghost

Ready to race!
Brink is smack dab in the middle of austin. Heard great things about them and my dealings with them have been awesome. Glad they are getting a big st3 build for you.