GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi TTS front caliper option!

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
TT-S Calipers with Miro 111 18/8.5/et45 - DO NOT CLEAR

Just wanted to post a heads up, had my shop test fit some TT-S calipers with Miro 111s in 18x8.5 et45 and they do not clear without spacers. The spoke design on this wheel sweeps in quickly.

They clear the stock PP brakes just barely. I am going to test fit with 3mm & 5mm spacers. I should have told the shop that I had 5mm spacers on the rear to test fit with (derp) but these wheels sit almost perfectly flush with no spacers and 255/35/18 tires.

Looks like I might be selling calipers or wheels. Can't decide what to do at this point.

robeto_R20

Hello,

You can get a great deal from KillerBrakes 699euro/set incl. brake pads and wear sensors https://www.killerbrakes.com/produc...ade-on-golf-7-r-audi-s3-8v-audi-tt-new-black/

If anyone could point me in the direction where I can get the calipers for the best price that would be greatly appreciated!

Searching in canada, USA, and Europe and the prices vary so dramatically!

Seems like vagbremtechnic might be the best place to order from, especially with their option for custom color and decal. For anyone who's bought off them, any crazy/surprise duties/taxes when delivered? They use ups.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

camerone

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Sportwagen 1.8
Apologies for reviving a nearly 3 year old thread but figured this might be useful to someone... I recently bought a set of TTS calipers and just test fit them today before full installation in a couple weeks once other parts arrive. The TTS calipers bolted right to steel knuckles with the OEM Golf bolts I believe they were (not the GTI or R bolts for the aluminum knuckles). I have 18x8" ET48 OEM "Bristol" wheels and they fit over the TTS calipers with 10mm spacers. It's possible 8mm could technically work, but you'd have maybe a millimeter or so of clearance; 10mm is the practical minimum here.

Attachments

• IMG_6252.jpg
    IMG_6252.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6254.jpg
    IMG_6254.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 90

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I want this so badly.....saving up.....def next mod

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I want this so badly.....saving up.....def next mod
The TTS and Macan calipers are definetly a nice upgrade. I've had my TT-S calipers installed since 2019 and they've been nothing short of excellent (for street). I've had no issues whatsoever. If you are getting the newer calipers they only have an S logo on them vs the older style calipers which have the full TT-S logo on them.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
The TTS and Macan calipers are definetly a nice upgrade. I've had my TT-S calipers installed since 2019 and they've been nothing short of excellent (for street). I've had no issues whatsoever. If you are getting the newer calipers they only have an S logo on them vs the older style calipers which have the full TT-S logo on them.
at this point, I don't care if newer or older, Macan or TTS.....I'm picking one or the other up, new or used LOL.....it's happening soonish. Good the hear that from you though...didn't know about the new vs old difference

camerone

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Sportwagen 1.8
Reviving this thread yet again... I installed these TTS calipers on my GSW yesterday with no hiccups. I used Neuspeed stainless steel lines and new mounting bolts from ShopDAP and they bolted right to the steel knuckle of the GSW. Bled as I went and did three times outside then inside with manual brake pedal pumping, and there's no air in the brakes or anything (some folks in the Macan thread reported having bleeding difficulties IIRC). I painted the calipers before they went on; I dig the blue but it needs another coat or two and the brake fluid ate away at the paint to expose some of the original red paint so I definitely need to get more paint to touch it up. I'm using 340x30 rotors and that seems to be a good size, no reason to go up to 345x30 as one could with the Macan calipers.

I modified the brake boosting with VCDS using these parameters: https://www.audirs3.org/threads/vcds-turn-off-brake-assist-coding.1782/ It didn't make a massive difference but it feels better after tuning for sure. More OEM, if you will -- when the brakes were initially on, they definitely felt a little spongy before fully engaging (and yes the pads were bedded into the rotors), and now they feel a lot more normal. The bigger performance/pedal feel difference IMO (other than the likely reduced fade under hard repeated stopping) is that the brake pedal feels a lot more progressive now. It's not as "pure" as an unassisted air-cooled 911 or even a 944 (which is my favorite boosted braking system I've ever used) but it's a lot better than the stock brakes. These calipers are way less "touchy" and with the reduced boosting, it doesn't feel like the car is deciding for me how hard to brake to nearly as much of an extent as before. If you really wanted a firmer pedal, I would definitely suggest going the RPV route (https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...esidual-pressure-valves-and-seal-lube.376654/), but this still feels pretty good I think. No complaints here. And they look a lot better than stock too, lol

Realistically, most people are probably going to go for the Macan calipers because it's a well established swap, there are more pad options, the pads are top-loading, and the calipers can usually be found for cheaper than these. But this is a really good OEM+ alternative IMO; installation is easy and it's a native MQB caliper.

Now to find some silver wheels...

Attachments

• IMG_1886.jpg
    IMG_1886.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1872.jpg
    IMG_1872.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 98

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Reviving this thread yet again... I installed these TTS calipers on my GSW yesterday with no hiccups. I used Neuspeed stainless steel lines and new mounting bolts from ShopDAP and they bolted right to the steel knuckle of the GSW. Bled as I went and did three times outside then inside with manual brake pedal pumping, and there's no air in the brakes or anything (some folks in the Macan thread reported having bleeding difficulties IIRC). I painted the calipers before they went on; I dig the blue but it needs another coat or two and the brake fluid ate away at the paint to expose some of the original red paint so I definitely need to get more paint to touch it up. I'm using 340x30 rotors and that seems to be a good size, no reason to go up to 345x30 as one could with the Macan calipers.

I modified the brake boosting with VCDS using these parameters: https://www.audirs3.org/threads/vcds-turn-off-brake-assist-coding.1782/ It didn't make a massive difference but it feels better after tuning for sure. More OEM, if you will -- when the brakes were initially on, they definitely felt a little spongy before fully engaging (and yes the pads were bedded into the rotors), and now they feel a lot more normal. The bigger performance/pedal feel difference IMO (other than the likely reduced fade under hard repeated stopping) is that the brake pedal feels a lot more progressive now. It's not as "pure" as an unassisted air-cooled 911 or even a 944 (which is my favorite boosted braking system I've ever used) but it's a lot better than the stock brakes. These calipers are way less "touchy" and with the reduced boosting, it doesn't feel like the car is deciding for me how hard to brake to nearly as much of an extent as before. If you really wanted a firmer pedal, I would definitely suggest going the RPV route (https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...esidual-pressure-valves-and-seal-lube.376654/), but this still feels pretty good I think. No complaints here. And they look a lot better than stock too, lol

Realistically, most people are probably going to go for the Macan calipers because it's a well established swap, there are more pad options, the pads are top-loading, and the calipers can usually be found for cheaper than these. But this is a really good OEM+ alternative IMO; installation is easy and it's a native MQB caliper.

Now to find some silver wheels...
Great write up…I’ll hopefully be doing the same here….. This year lol

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
I have a write up detailing the part numbers and whatnot needed for this swap in the thread below for those looking to do this conversion and not buy the bundled kit from DAP or Killerbrakes.com:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/macan-vs-tts-callipers.366204/page-20#post-7464443

At the time I did my swap, the cost of buying the parts individually was dramatically lower and for only $200 more than the kit, I was able to get the pads I wanted as well as rotors, a wear sensor, and spacers. I have not followed part pricing on this, so it would be best to shop around.

As noted though, these have a very limited pad selection. I run the iSweep IS1500's and they have been virtually dust free and work just fine for street driving.

If I were to do it all over again though, I would probably give the Macan set up a shot. The much better pad selection and top loading pads tip the scale in their favor.

20200822_125839.jpg