GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi TTRS brakes on MK7 GTI

rtguy2

Passed Driver's Ed
Audi TTRS brakes on MK7 GTI. 370mm rotors and 4 pot Brembo calipers. SS lines and Stoptech pads.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

rtguy2

Passed Driver's Ed
Caliper/carrierSo the factory TTRS caliper and rotor bolt right up. No special carrier is needed. It's the same pattern. Usually when you find the calipers the carrier is included. You need to use the stock carrier bolts as the audi set are too short. They do have a different line fitting which is discussed below.

Rotors/dust shieldsThe RS rotors are also 57.1mm so no hub ring needed. Just mount it like factory. If you want to run dust shields you can find the TTRS shields and mount them up. I'm not using dust shields.

PadsThe mk7 does not have the electronic brake sensor on the pads so no worries there about a dash light. As for pads you can find any pad for them labeled as a TTRS pad, but the caliper is the same design as a 2010 STi as well several other oem applications. I found stoptech street performance pads on ebay for an sti and they work perfect part# 309.100.10 http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-SET-S...Parts_Accessories&hash=item564b2f6e41&vxp=mtr When searching pads for both applications the sti show dimensions slightly different than the TTRS, but they fit better IMO.

Brake lines/bracketsThe next thing to be addressed is brake lines. The brembo caliper uses the screw in type fitting at the caliper side, while the factory mk7 has the banjo fitting. I ordered my lines from ECS Tuning. Exact fit SS TTRS lines can be found here http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-TT_MK_II-TTRS-2.5T/Braking/Lines/ES2608531/ There are other line options as well. You can have them made if preferred. The final piece of this install is brake line brackets. On the mk6 and others it was possible to buy TTRS brakets and they would bolt right up. Some guys modded the factory brackets to make it fit. This all depends on how particular you are about installs and looks etc. I bought the TTRS brackets and gave them a try. They do not fit. The casting is slightly different on the mk7. Luckily my shop guys are awesome and made it happen. Basically they made a frakenbracket from my factory brackets and the TTRS brackets. The lower portion of the factory bracket along with the portion holding the abs sensor was retained. The section of the TTRS bracket that holds the lines was also retained. These two portions were hacked, welded, and painted. So the end result is a bracket that holds the brake lines and abs line perfectly and mounts to the factory position on the spindle. Now there is also a bracket that is welded to the body that holds the brake line with a spring clip where it meets the factory hardline. The shape of the TTRS line is different so it needs to be filed accordingly as well. You have a couple options with brake lines. You can do what I did with the ECS lines and modify your bracketry for a perfect oem fit, or you can have lines made that look exactly like the factory mk7 line and have the screw in fitting required at the caliper side. The latter option would allow you to use all the factory bracketry with no modification.

If there are any ?'s I'll do my best to help. I will get some pics up of the brackets as well.

I know some will ask about pricing. This depends on the deal you find on the rotors and calipers obviously. I've heard of them going from as low as $500 and I've seen the kit new for 4k. It depends on the normal things like condition etc.
Costmy parts pricing. You can decide if it's a worthy upgrade for the $$
$800 Rotors/calipers/carriers w/ less than 2k miles normal use(no tracking etc) almost perfect condition
$109.95 ECS Tuning exact fit TTRS SS brake lines
$125.34 TTRS line brackets (optional)
$69.95 Stoptech Street Performance pads 309.10010
$1105.24 total for parts

rtguy2

Passed Driver's Ed
[/URL][/IMG]
TTRS bracket doesn't fit the spindle properly.
[/URL][/IMG]
Hacked oem brackets and TTRS brackets.
[/URL][/IMG]
Test fit of frakenbracket
[/URL][/IMG]
Test fit of frakenbracket

These were cleaned up, painted and installed. They hold all lines perfectly. I don't have any pics of the body bracket but it's self explanatory when you see it. Needs filed a bit. Hopefully these pics help a bit.

rtguy2

Passed Driver's Ed
I have slotted rotors in the rear. That's all. If I decide to do anything it'll probably be an adapter bracket for the stock caliper and larger rotors. That should allow me to keep the factory mc.

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Very nice!! Well done

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
How come the calipers look so small compared to the ones I have seen? Is it just the pictures or are those rear calipers? Did the ttrs get smaller calipers later on? Maybe I am just confused because of the picture haha.

rtguy2

Passed Driver's Ed
How come the calipers look so small compared to the ones I have seen? Is it just the pictures or are those rear calipers? Did the ttrs get smaller calipers later on? Maybe I am just confused because of the picture haha.

must be the picture...these are TT RS front calipers ;)

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
BUMP. How do they feel? I just got a set today and I'm beyond excited.

I'll be using the stock Austin wheels with a 10mm spacer. I know mk5 and 6 guys were able to run the OEM Detroits (18x7.5 et51) with an 8-10mm spacer, so the austins at the same dimensions except et49 should be fine.

16plus4v1

Ready to race!
:cool:
BUMP. How do they feel? I just got a set today and I'm beyond excited.

I'll be using the stock Austin wheels with a 10mm spacer. I know mk5 and 6 guys were able to run the OEM Detroits (18x7.5 et51) with an 8-10mm spacer, so the austins at the same dimensions except et49 should be fine.

I also have a set coming in. Plan on running with stock Austin's, along with the RS6 rears.

A minimum of 10mm spacers required, not bad considering most guys run 10-15mm up front anyhow.User 3MPG on vortex is running stock wheels also. He's also the dude who hooked me up for mine, for a screaming deal. Can't wait for spring, to install the new setup. MPG's pic for interest,

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
:cool:

I also have a set coming in. Plan on running with stock Austin's, along with the RS6 rears.

User 3MPG on vortex is running stock wheels also. He's also the dude who hooked me up for mine, for a screaming deal. Can't wait for spring, to install the new setup. MPG's pic,

Hahah I AM 3MPG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk