GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi TT (8S) Control Arms

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
funny I was just about to start a thread on the whiteline plates thinking they're so new nobody has seen them.

Sorry I cant help on the headlights as my car doesn't have them.

Did you go with the China knockoff or by genuine?

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
I went a genuine set which I was lucky to find for a good price. Only thing they didn't come with was the nuts for the ball joints. Are they the same nuts as the Golf ball joints? Or do I need to source the TT ones?

I wouldn't recommend the Whiteline plates. Really harsh and loud. I actually want to get rid of all Whiteline parts from my car. I used to be a big advocate but all of their parts on this platform that I have used have been a disappointment.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I bought my Audi ball joints (cuz adjustable and different bolt pattern to the LCA) from Rockauto, oem but not genuine. Since I'm on Golf steel spindles, I decided to reuse my stock ball joint fastener to the spindle rather than the one provided with the ball joint. I would think you could reuse yours.

Sorry to hear about the Whiteline plates. I run Vorshlag plates along with my TT arms and the ride is fine (but I'm on 15" wheels).

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Have you been able to try this out yet? Curious what camber range looks like on a car with just the CS knuckles + TT arms/balljoints.
Not yet. I’m waiting for the Whiteline bushes to fail (they will) and then I’ll swap them. Bit of procrastination too as it’s a painful job on a DSG car due to the space constraints. Which I’ve made worse by using much longer bolts (original kept coming loose).

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
I've got a set of TT arms/ball joints and CSS knuckles ready to go on.

I decided I'd be clever and fit the superpro poly LCA bushings to the TT arms (they do say they're compatible on the site), but looks like the TT arm bore is slightly larger and I can now slide the bushings out if I apply moderate pressure with my fingers!

Just ordered a pair of solid bushings for the TT arms - 8S0407183B and hope that the bores aren't damaged and they'll press in fine. From my experience looks like 8V/5Q bushing bore is not the same as 8S!

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Confirmed that the bore and thickness of 8S and 8V/5Q arms are different - none of the common OEM and aftermarket bushings will work in the alu tt arms as they won't press in.

Quick search tells me all alu TT arms come with the same bushing - 8S0407183B

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Confirmed that the bore and thickness of 8S and 8V/5Q arms are different - none of the common OEM and aftermarket bushings will work in the alu tt arms as they won't press in.

Quick search tells me all alu TT arms come with the same bushing - 8S0407183B
thanks for this. I've thought about aftermarket bushings from time to time. Guess I can stop that :)

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
So this is interesting. As I just took a look at my stock arm with CSS bushes pushed in and my TTS arms with factory bush. They both have the same bush in them. Same part number. Both 5Q0407183F. Which tells me the bore is the same, otherwise how would the same part number fit in both?
tempImageDdWGpn.jpg

tempImagebB4BP8.jpg

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Fascinating. Guess I'll learn more when my TT bushings arrive.

EDIT: Looks like the CSS bushings come stock in the TT arms. My current hypothesis is TT/CSS bushings are a touch larger and thus fit in the pressed steel arms, but not the other way around.

When I look on audi parts sites, they often list a vin range for bushing application. Might be some marginal chance not all alu arms are made equally...

2 options for the alu arms that may work:
5Q0407183F (CSS/TT/TTS)
8S0407183B (TT/TTS/TTRS)

Last edited:

andreis1998

Car(s)
Golf 7.5R
I've got a set of TT arms/ball joints and CSS knuckles ready to go on.

I decided I'd be clever and fit the superpro poly LCA bushings to the TT arms (they do say they're compatible on the site), but looks like the TT arm bore is slightly larger and I can now slide the bushings out if I apply moderate pressure with my fingers!

Just ordered a pair of solid bushings for the TT arms - 8S0407183B and hope that the bores aren't damaged and they'll press in fine. From my experience looks like 8V/5Q bushing bore is not the same as 8S!

View attachment 224097

View attachment 224096
Have you fitted the TT arms/ball joints and CSS knuckles? What levels of camber have you measured with this combination?

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Have you fitted the TT arms/ball joints and CSS knuckles? What levels of camber have you measured with this combination?
I have. But also with Whiteline strut tops. My minimum camber is -3.2deg. The Whiteline camber tops say they give -0.5deg.