GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi S5 or E92 BMW m3

artystamk7

Ready to race!
I'm thinking about going a different route for my next car.
I don't want another 4 banger with a turbo so i was thinking either a slightly used Audi S5 or a E92 bmw m3. Does anyone have any experience with either car? Which one feels better as a daily driver, has more grunt down low and is more reliable?

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Do you have a reason as to why? I've heard that with the v8 M3 you really have to rev it higher to feel the power.
They sound amazing and V8 power delivery is much different than a turbo 4. Change is good. They are also fairly reliable cars.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'd get a supercharged 6 if you're going Audi

I don't think either have a greatest reliability. Not the worse either.

For the price I'd get a new Mustang or upcoming Camaro V8 or a used Z06 vette if you don't need back seats.

If you're stuck with those 2 choices go M3. That would be a fun car. I had a E46 M3 and it was fast enough for me and handling was amazing for the high miles but I sold it due to reliability worries.

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
M3 is a service money monster, tires all day, if you owned one, you'll know ;).

S5 no experience, i wouldn't get either for daily. Now a days 4 bangers run the show :)

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
get the e92 m3, more reliable than other 3 series bmw's. I'm also a little biased on BMW's too.

I presume s5 would be a better daily, since the audi s5 is more equivalent to 335i rather than m. either way both have instantaneous power delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

artystamk7

Ready to race!
this. also the v8 in the rs5 is an FSI engine btw.

So is the 4.2 V8 from like a 2011-2012 as unreliable as the 4.2 from the previous gen? I'm not looking to get a mustang/camaro/Z06 as i like having back seats and a comfortable autobahn cruiser.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
So is the 4.2 V8 from like a 2011-2012 as unreliable as the 4.2 from the previous gen? I'm not looking to get a mustang/camaro/Z06 as i like having back seats and a comfortable autobahn cruiser.

assuming there is more to look out for than the current engines. but if it were me, i'd go m3, also e92 maintenance is like a camry compared to e46, and e46 m is a nightmare to maintain, especially the valve adjustments (i believe), something the e92 does not have.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Man check out Audizine forum for help. They will be more knowledgeable

Carlos Fandango

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTD DSG
Audi's are always a bit dull to drive I personally have the found the steering to be a bit lifeless, the E92 M3 however is a proper car, rear wheel drive, a screaming V8, steering feedback to die for, and currently bargain of the decade.