GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

audi AluSubframe AND which DOGBONE??

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
after some researching and input I've arrived at this list. what you guys think?

-KW clubsport coilovers
-Whiteline front and rear sway bar kit
-Audi Aluminum subframe
-Superpro control arms
-Dogbone Mount - RS3/TTRS Version 2 | RS3 / TTRS (Billet & Polyurethane)
-Tyrol deadset kit
-Whiteline Roll-Center Correction Kit
+all new subframe bolts

there's a Superpro bushings kit which is pretty dam pricey but im not sure if I'll need all that. truth is i don't think i need any of the above but you know how it is...

Just reiterating, the TTRS/RS3 version of ECE's mount will not fit (the bushing will, the pendulum arm won't) the GTI/Golf R. You will need ECE's S3 pendulum arm (if they make it anymore) OR you will need to reuse your OEM arm. Just making sure you read this bit before :)

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
Just reiterating, the TTRS/RS3 version of ECE's mount will not fit (the bushing will, the pendulum arm won't) the GTI/Golf R. You will need ECE's S3 pendulum arm (if they make it anymore) OR you will need to reuse your OEM arm. Just making sure you read this bit before :)
shit thanx for that! woulda sucked to have to ship it back! by bushing are you referring to the puck?

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I run the aluminum subframe with Superpro mounts. I also replaced every single bolt and have zero NVH added from the subframe. Great upgrade over the steel subframe.
It's a shame SuperPro quit making the engine mounts.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
I'll look into those rear bushings thanx.

the clubsport coilovers come with top mounts. isn't the roll correction kit ball joints or is that something else completely?

yea i have motor/trans mounts already

Yeah you are right, you are good to go!

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I reached out to ECE recently, they're no longer manufacturing the S3 dogbone arm that would be needed. I opted to buy the ECS arm with the hybrid puck. It does require filing the sides of the sleeve insert and trimming the puck but this isn't difficult to do with a pair of shears and a file. Try to assemble them together and it's quite clear which material needs to be removed. Unfortunately none of the full puck replacements are still sold, and the powerflex hybrid seemed like the best lower puck replacement available. The APR arm might fit the powerflex puck better, I'm not sure.

If you're doing the aluminum subframe, you can push on the upper puck with your hand and really appreciate just how much give it has.

dogbone upper.jpeg

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
I reached out to ECE recently, they're no longer manufacturing the S3 dogbone arm that would be needed. I opted to buy the ECS arm with the hybrid puck. It does require filing the sides of the sleeve insert and trimming the puck but this isn't difficult to do with a pair of shears and a file. Try to assemble them together and it's quite clear which material needs to be removed. Unfortunately none of the full puck replacements are still sold, and the powerflex hybrid seemed like the best lower puck replacement available. The APR arm might fit the powerflex puck better, I'm not sure.

If you're doing the aluminum subframe, you can push on the upper puck with your hand and really appreciate just how much give it has.

View attachment 211769

The OEM pendulum arm works with the ECE subframe bushing. I ran it this way before I swapped my steel subframe for the Audi aluminum. I bought a new ECE mount with the S3 arm when I did this.

Nothing I’ve tried (I’ve tried a combination of metal/rubber/poly inserts and two arms) comes close to what the ECE subframe bushing provides, even without their pendulum arm

VWR’s dogbone is the next best solution if they addressed their quality control issues.

https://www.urotuning.com/products/vwr-volkswagen-racingline-uprated-lower-engine-mount-mk7-mqb-vwr15g703?currency=USD&variant=8384682065975&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuvnApJWg8AIVfG5vBB3h-gYdEAQYASABEgJhcvD_BwE

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
I dunno about QC, they just specifically state it's only for steel subframe cars

Hmm, you're right... never notice this "Note that this mount doesn't fit the aluminum subframe MQB cars - such as TT, S3."

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
I have the VWR and it needed machining to fit the Audi alloy subframe...
But it was worth it. It work perfectly