GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi aluminum subframe on Mk7 Gti

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
At one time I had a 100% diy tube system from Phono amp to biamped diy speakers.
Another triode lover and DIY speaker builder here. :)

Ok, back on topic...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mars1

Ready to race!
Going to be placing an order soon and it looks like all that is needed is:
subframe 5Q0199369G (x1)
washers WHT006844 (x2)
bolts N10785401 (x4)

anybody know of any additional parts needed for this install?

I'm revisiting the aluminum subframe option. Did I read correctly that the lower control arm rear bolt needed for the aluminum subframe is a different bolt than the steel subframe uses? It's longer?

The bolt part numbers listed above appear to be the 4 main fastening bolts for the subframe itself.

Can anyone confirm the correct control arm bolt part number needed?
Thanks.

Mars1

Ready to race!
Nevermind, I think I found it. Apparently both front control arm bolt locations are the same size bolt, front and rear positions-

Control Arm Bolt - N10695901

acemanic

Hi all,

I've been following this thread for a while now, and this is probably one of my favourite threads in this forum. I have plans to do what @LeGTi has done on my mk7R and I have a few questions...

1) I've read somewhere that people using the Supaloy arms with the alu subframe requires some sort of machining of the subframe? Anyone know if this is a myth or where that could've come from? If not, it's a simple "plug and play" install?

2) In regards to the Supaloy arms, I see in the thread that there are 2 versions...006 and 007k. Is the 007 an upgrade or are they 2 different things? 007 provides more caster but more rubbing due to increased wheelbase? any other differences between the two?

3) Would the superpro arms and bushings hold up to winter use?

Cheers!

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Hi.
I have all the below mentioned mods. Had no problems during instalation. My car has stock spring and dampers with DCC.

Audi alloy subframe
Superpro LCA 0006K (ordered 0007K with less caster. But arms are marked with 0006K, so think I received the wrong part... Since I am on stock spring I have no rubbing with ekstra caster)
H&R ARB front and rear.
Superpro bushing all around.
Clubsport S swivels for added negative Camber

All the above installed parts went inn perfect.
No mods to the frame was needed.

I also have the torque arm and bushing from VWR. This had to be modified before installation.
Hi all,

I've been following this thread for a while now, and this is probably one of my favourite threads in this forum. I have plans to do what @LeGTi has done on my mk7R and I have a few questions...

1) I've read somewhere that people using the Supaloy arms with the alu subframe requires some sort of machining of the subframe? Anyone know if this is a myth or where that could've come from? If not, it's a simple "plug and play" install?

2) In regards to the Supaloy arms, I see in the thread that there are 2 versions...006 and 007k. Is the 007 an upgrade or are they 2 different things? 007 provides more caster but more rubbing due to increased wheelbase? any other differences between the two?

3) Would the superpro arms and bushings hold up to winter use?

Cheers!

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Reactions: q74

B3mt1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 2.0TDI Hatch '16
Hello guys, sorry for reviving the thread. I could not find in the thread, is the torque spec for lower A arms same for aluminum subframe as for steel?

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
after some researching and input I've arrived at this list. what you guys think?

-KW clubsport coilovers
-Whiteline front and rear sway bar kit
-Audi Aluminum subframe
-Superpro control arms
-Dogbone Mount - RS3/TTRS Version 2 | RS3 / TTRS (Billet & Polyurethane)
-Tyrol deadset kit
-Whiteline Roll-Center Correction Kit
+all new subframe bolts

there's a Superpro bushings kit which is pretty dam pricey but im not sure if I'll need all that. truth is i don't think i need any of the above but you know how it is...