GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi A3 vs. few

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
1/4 got shut down due to, “being too cold” so I found an 1/8 to hit up. It was literally the straight away of a road course with a tree set up. Zero prep, no times. Hit 35 degrees and I’m on R888R’s so I was spinning like crazy even with a 3k launch. Fastest car I raced was a turbo upgraded SHO (only one that beat him). I was watching him take down C7 Vettes lol. Was a new Type R out, but he lost every race I saw. Also a new Supra got in the lanes as I was leaving, would have loved to show him a good time. (Also raced a Supercharged 4.6 Mustang, but no clue where the footage went. First time using the GoPro 360, need to order a remote. It was bus lengths though.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
1/4 got shut down due to, “being too cold” so I found an 1/8 to hit up. It was literally the straight away of a road course with a tree set up. Zero prep, no times. Hit 35 degrees and I’m on R888R’s so I was spinning like crazy even with a 3k launch. Fastest car I raced was a turbo upgraded SHO (only one that beat him). I was watching him take down C7 Vettes lol. Was a new Type R out, but he lost every race I saw. Also a new Supra got in the lanes as I was leaving, would have loved to show him a good time. (Also raced a Supercharged 4.6 Mustang, but no clue where the footage went. First time using the GoPro 360, need to order a remote. It was bus lengths though.

Holy crap you smoked them. The hole shot you were getting was great.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah. Haven’t been to the drag strip since 2019. Was leaving on the 3rd yellow back then and was cutting a .5X-.6X reaction time. After a race or two this track day I started leaving on the 2nd yellow and was tree-ing everyone. So should have been a .0X-.1X reaction time.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Good stuff

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Dude... so refreshing seeing people start their races from a dig. This forum tends to be focused on 60-130 numbers and roll-racing (wonder why) :sleep:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Dude... so refreshing seeing people start their races from a dig. This forum tends to be focused on 60-130 numbers and roll-racing (wonder why) :sleep:
He was at a dragstrip. It's not that easy to race from a dig on the streets.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
He was at a dragstrip. It's not that easy to race from a dig on the streets.

Yes, I know... and that is why it's refreshing to see real car racing :)

I grew up near a dragstrip (Englishtown) so to me, anything but a weekend at the dragstrip to see who has the better performing car/motorcycle falls short of expectations. When you all but remove traction as a variable (60-130, roll racing) you're going to get outcomes that are based solely on engines, not cars. To say my car vs. X car and then show a video of a race not starting at a dig is worthless (IMO), just stay home and compare dyno sheets on a car forum.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes, I know... and that is why it's refreshing to see real car racing :)

I grew up near a dragstrip (Englishtown) so to me, anything but a weekend at the dragstrip to see who has the better performing car/motorcycle falls short of expectations. When you all but remove traction as a variable (60-130, roll racing) you're going to get outcomes that are based solely on engines, not cars. To say my car vs. X car and then show a video of a race not starting at a dig is worthless (IMO), just stay home and compare dyno sheets on a car forum.
I agree it's refreshing to see drag racing the way it's supposed to be.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Good chance I’m going to hit up another 1/8 this Friday. Luckily going to be warmer.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Do you hide the license plate at the strip or people think it's just for laughs or something?
Nah, I just run it. Mainly got it to see if people would notice it on the street. Not that 10’s are that fast anymore. lol