GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ask Me Anything: Lug Nut, Bolts and Wheel Locks!

odessa.filez

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I was looking mainly for extended ones. Those are shallow I guess not that matters a whole lot
if you're trying to avoid scratching, get a thin walled plastic sheathed socket...or you could use the adapters with extended cone lugs.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Whats wrong with the ecs stud conversion?
My studs weren't perfectly straight, there is some runout (at least on the long 65mm ones I had to use with spacers) so I had some issues with installation. Just made things a bit more fiddly but they worked just fine otherwise. That's not an issue that i had with Rennline studs that I used in the past, but those we're twice the money too. Just a you get what you pay for type of item that's typical with ECS.

Raguvian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
FWIW I haven't had any issues with the UroTuning performance stud conversion kit with the open ended lug nuts ($70). I will report back when I uninstall them and install the new set (same set of studs).

The first time I ordered the studs they also gave me 25 studs for some reason which I guess was nice... lol

Ezekiel81923

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Have you ever sourced tuner style (small diameter, spline driven) lug bolts in black? I need 33mm and 38mm because I am going to run 5mm spacers up front and 10mm spacers in the rear and those two sizes seem nonexistent.

Unless I can use 40mm bolts front and back without any issues. In which case my problem is solved.

odessa.filez

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
not black, but just bought these cone seat bolts with slim heads from ezaccessory.com. They come in 25 30 35 40 mm shanks

Attachments

• PXL_20210219_192742597.jpg
    PXL_20210219_192742597.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 10