GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Arteon Style Blind Spot Mirror Cap Installation

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Maybe im addicted to doing stuff to my car, but the Golf 7 Blind Spot indicators that are in the mirror glass suck. The Arteon style with the LED modules in the mirror cap seem much better to me. And someone had posted about an AliExpress seller selling Golf 7 caps that had been modified to use the LED modules. Before we get into it the way the caps were modified makes an OEM installation impossible. The pictures will make it clear, but there isnt anyway to attach the LED modules to the caps besides 2 part epoxy.

What is needed
The mirror caps, LEDs, wire harness - https://vagexpress.com/products/-799
3M 2 part epoxy - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001JT1EEM?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

This shows what i mean about no way to secure the modules. The caps are golf 7 caps with holes punched in them.
20210824_192910.jpeg

I used painters tape to hold the LED module flush with the mirror cap.
20211021_123041.jpg

Not ideal, but i used some 2 part epoxy to secure the module. And the wiring was pretty easy, brown was ground, yellow signal from BSM module.
20211021_123050.jpg

And this is them installed. Did some highway driving and they are a thousand times better than the mirror mounted lights. They are bright enough to see in your peripheral vision.
20211021_124153.jpg

bagged_hag

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
This is great! Did you tap into the wiring for the factory blind spot indicators allowing them to still work? Or was the wiring switched solely to the mirror cap mounted indicators

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I cut out the mirror leds. They were cheap Chinese mirror. The glass is delaminating from the backing, so I got rid of the bsm glass completely

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
I would love to move the blind spot led to the cap just to be able to replace the mirror with one from Passat or Arteon with dimming.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I would love to move the blind spot led to the cap just to be able to replace the mirror with one from Passat or Arteon with dimming.
That is why i wanted to try and do this. I wanna do that too, maybe if i find a good deal on mirrors do the 360 cameras as well

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I will take a picture tonight.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

Best I can do. They are very bright. You can see it out of the corner of your eye.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Great representation of how much better these would be over the factory mirror BSM indicators (y)
They are a thousand times better. The tiny leds in the mirror at least for me was hard to see. With this I can see the leds without even turning my head.