GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ARM FMIC install tip

TrueGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Guys are making me wish I can get it on faster. One problem that came up was that I ordered it in "silver" because I plan on polishing the end tanks. Except it literally came painted silver lol. So I have to do a little extra sanding before install. But I have to get the water pump t/stat on first. I did get the carbon cleaned out this weekend. Still have to do the manifold though. You guys are right about the extra parts , we could easily clamp up 4 cars with what I got lol

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Had an ARM FMIC installed for a few months and about 8 track days and it performed very well with no perceptible heat soak. Unfortunately I'm replacing mine with a stock mount intercooler so I can run a front oil cooler among other things. If anyone in the central NC area is looking for a discounted black ARM FMIC, PM me.

Only thing I can add to install was that it was very simple which is great and I had to dremel out the ambient air sensor bracket, could not get the FMIC to fit in its mounting holes without that space being flush to the crash bar. Everything else fit great and was a really nice piece of equipment.
๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒiiii might be interested!!! I have a FMIC in the cart right now

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
Are you in NC or nearby? This thing would be heavy to ship, send me a private message. I installed an SMIC so the Arm FMIC is sitting here, it's painted black.

Edit: Nevermind saw you were in Raleigh, nice! Responding to PMs.

Last edited:

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
1623334891465.png

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI