GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Arizona VW owners

wofol

Ready to race!
Just got Indy 500's installed today and I think the time is coming to start seriously considering some springs. Thinking VWR... Any highly recommended shops to install?
I'm wondering this as well, I'm not sure if I should get VWR or H&R's

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I'm wondering this as well, I'm not sure if I should get VWR or H&R's
I have vwr on my mk7 and I like them, ride good and lowered just enough, they are very easy to install

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

wofol

Ready to race!
I have vwr on my mk7 and I like them, ride good and lowered just enough, they are very easy to install

Even with these shitty roads in the east valley? Even stock I feel all the bumps and holes .. But I'll most likely take your word on it. I'm saving up currently for Pilot SS and some ampliforms

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Even with these shitty roads in the east valley? Even stock I feel all the bumps and holes .. But I'll most likely take your word on it. I'm saving up currently for Pilot SS and some ampliforms
I'm in yuma and roads are probably just as bad, just have to pay attention more

Letcher77

Anybody in AZ have Eibach Pro Springs? Really want to lower the car just worried about killing the ride quality. I'm really doing it for mainly the aesthetics but the increased handling is a plus. I don't want to go too low and have to worry about bottoming out either. I have read pages and pages of reviews and I have learned that asking about springs for these cars is about the same can of worms as asking what is the best oil out there.

hoosier1661

Car(s)
Mk7 GSW 1.8T
White Sportwagen. I'm on H&R Springs/Koni Yellows and the ride is fine in the West Valley. Mild drop - 1.5 or so. Makes the handling so much better.

AZEqualizer

is Tucson safe to live in? if not, which area is safest to live in? going graduate school within few months
You just need to live in the better areas of Tucson. Like all cities, there are good and bad places or North of the city or there is a new area South that is growing but still doesn't have all the conveniences

AZEqualizer

Dirt and Hot paint

prospecting AZ resident.. how do the cars fair down there as far as exterior cleanliness? I know theres not much rain, but how about the red dust..
I've lived in the area since the '70s and had every color vehicle you can think of, Black, Maroon, Red, Dark Blue, White, Silver, Parchment, etc. Yep, we can get some blowing dust. And we can get two forms of rain the stuff that enough to turn a car into a spotted mud ball and the torrential Monsoon rain.

The thing is as far as the dirt they all get dirty, darker colors show up more dirt. But prep your paint and treat it with F11 Top Coat and all of it generally blows off or plain water just sheets the dirt off... yep even our hard water.​

Now I have seen a lot of questions about which colors to have on your car and which paint colors get hot.

Go for the color you like. The darker the paint or more red in it makes it hotter to the touch quicker but it all gets toasty enough to fry an egg in the summer. As far as inside - you need some good IR reflective tint and some sun shields on the front windshield and of course AC. Park it out of the sun as much as you can. Of course, you need good paint /wax protectant to shield the paint from the UV (and air pollution - though not as high as a lot of states) as the intense UV will wreck any color paint.​

djfaka

Can anyone recommend a place to get an intake valve carbon cleaning done? Just passed 76K, fuel economy and idle been getting a little worse over time. I drive a lot in traffic so I can see it being a problem.

Service cost looks pricey but willing to pull the trigger if its the right spot. Can go anywhere in the valley or Tucson if need be.

Thanks

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Any of you AZ owners that want to meet up towards the end of November?

I'm driving out to Wild Horse in Chandler to get some 10 second passes on the 22nd.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Any of you AZ owners that want to meet up towards the end of November?

I'm driving out to Wild Horse in Chandler to get some 10 second passes on the 22nd.
I was gonna go but cant no more lol