GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Areaview Retrofit Progress

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
It connects to extended can (7 and 17) on gateway.
Are you sure? I found a diagram that says it should connect to 8 and 18.

Worked on my bench setup when i did that.

Also found a diagram that shows pin 3 and 4 on the yellow connector go to 8 and 18, tried swapping also.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Ahhh... So not running gear on 8 and 18? So that's different from the Passat drawings.
I followed a Passat b8 diagram when I did mine. It says 7 and 17

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
The only drawing I've seen is the one in first post of this thread but it shows 8 and 18... I'm not supposed to be in this thread anyway 😂.
Ya, you right. I got a bad memory

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Managed to snag a polo hatch opener cheap. Fingers crossed.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I just need the emblem. Cheapest way to get the emblem. I’ve seen golf 8 lower mirror plastic with camera mounts. Maybe it came to newer golfs, we just haven’t found them yet

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Got hatch opener in the mail yesterday. Gonna swap it over and post some pics at some point today.

Attachments

• 4ACF0C58-301D-4B11-AC50-A102AB46F7FB.jpeg
    4ACF0C58-301D-4B11-AC50-A102AB46F7FB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 68

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I just need the emblem. Cheapest way to get the emblem. I’ve seen golf 8 lower mirror plastic with camera mounts. Maybe it came to newer golfs, we just haven’t found them yet

Not exactly a simple swap of parts. I’ll do a little write up when I get off work.

Attachments

• DF120AF0-7C09-461A-B4A3-73B3F010C359.jpeg
    DF120AF0-7C09-461A-B4A3-73B3F010C359.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 67

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Not exactly a simple swap of parts. I’ll do a little write up when I get off work.
Ok so now when you made that work, would you mind sharing what you ended up doing?

I currently have the Passats areaview hatch opener but with the Pre-facelift emblem.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Yes, lost track of time yesterday. I will do today at some point. I have to try and write up something useful.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
image0.jpeg

The emblem on the left is from a opener with a camera, and the left is the one i got without a camera (Was dirt cheap from the UK. 30 pounds)
A notch has to be cut into the new emblem to match the old one. It hits the housing of the camera.
The spring on the left is the for areaview embem, right

image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg

The picture on the left is new emblem opener, the right is the areaview one. You can see the part that would hit the emblem if the wasnt notched.

I didnt get any pictures of taking the pin out which was a pain in the ass. The pin is flared on both ends to keep it in place. So you gotta drill off the flare to get the pin out. Im thinking this probably only need to be done if an opener that doesnt have a camera is used, but dont know for certain.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    485 KB · Views: 40
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    811.3 KB · Views: 43
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    811.3 KB · Views: 40

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion