GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are there really no full synthetic vw508 oils?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I run 5w-40 in my 2019 and get hate mail from strangers telling me that VW engineers are smarter than I am.

I get that, but my car wasn't designed to be tracked, so those smart engineers designed it and it's oil requirements for a daily driven 228hp sporty econobox.

Whatever, I just ignore people and my car runs just fine.
You mean b/c VW specs VW508.00/0W20 and you don't run it?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
ahahahaha....so THIS. It's like saying anything other than Rotella T6 over on NASIOC
Good lord the Rotella T6 people....HAHAAHAHAH

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I run 5w-40 in my 2019 and get hate mail from strangers telling me that VW engineers are smarter than I am and that the dealer will know it's not 0w-20 because the green dye. Sorry, first oil change was 5000 miles and it looked just like every other used oil.

My car wasn't designed to be tracked, so those smart engineers designed it and it's oil requirements for a daily driven 228hp sporty econobox.

Whatever, I just ignore people and my car runs just fine.
100 % agree with you. Just one question though why do you give your address out to strangers so they can send you hate mail. 🤣

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
ahahahaha....so THIS. It's like saying anything other than Rotella T6 over on NASIOC
Lol, yep, 3 time turbo Subaru owner and NASCIOC alumni here. Can 100% verify.

I went through a Rotella phase too. Brings back memories.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
100 % agree with you. Just one question though why do you give your address out to strangers so they can send you hate mail. 🤣
Do you know what PM stands for? I know you're like 103 years old, but come on man. Lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You mean b/c VW specs VW508.00/0W20 and you don't run it?
Yes, you'd be surprised how many random strangers have PM'd me their disapproval of using anything except what VW specs.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Lol, yep, 3 time turbo Subaru owner and NASCIOC alumni here. Can 100% verify.

I went through a Rotella phase too. Brings back memories.
Hahaha...YES. NASIOC alumni here too. I checked that phase as well

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Yes, you'd be surprised how many random strangers have PM'd me their disapproval of using anything except what VW specs.
yOU WilL vOID youR warRANTy

hahahahahhahaha

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Hahaha...YES. NASIOC alumni here too. I checked that phase as well
I swear I know you from NASIOC. Were you in western Iraq in 07-08 time frame?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
yOU WilL vOID youR warRANTy

hahahahahhahaha
I've "voided" my warranty within weeks of owning almost every single new car I've bought. Warranties are for losers. 🤣🤣🤣

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Yeah if you toss the protection of a 6y72k warranty no reason not to run any oil you want.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I swear I know you from NASIOC. Were you in western Iraq in 07-08 time frame?
more like ‘03 OIF I tour. I had a Hawkeye ‘07 with a Vf43 protuned down at all aspects motorsports in VA beach. Lemme find a pic
7D7CDA4D-A243-4F1A-AE27-9832EEB02C59.jpeg

I've "voided" my warranty within weeks of owning almost every single new car I've bought. Warranties are for losers. 🤣🤣🤣
Same here.... had the warranty on the drive home /warranty

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I'm with you - never really been a thing to me.