GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are there any kind of interior "quick detail" wipes out there?

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
I don't mean for a deep cleaning, but I know sometimes I get in and my hands might be a little dirty if I was working outside or I had dust on me, etc. I don't like getting schmutz on my wheel and shifter, and I absolutely despise that nasty gloss that dirty leatherette wheels get. The next time I get in the car, I don't like touching a shnasty wheel.

Does anyone make a cleaning wipe (that's not clorox or lysol) that you can safely and quickly use for small cleaning jobs?

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Meguiars and Armor All make interior wipes in various package sizes and either would probably work well. I'm not a fan of the heavier spray-on dash cleaners because the stuff seems to evaporate in the heat and rises onto the interior glass where it hazes up.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Baby wipes. I like using them because of the lack of residue.
I found these at autozone and like them for the info center and the horrible piano black trim. No residue at all
image.jpg

Codeca

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 GoRf DSG
I'd recommend not using Meguire's wipes whether they're the leather 3-in-1 or the interior wipes. Mine left oily streak marks all over the place, especially noticeable on the piano black and fake carbon fiber panel on the door. As for the leather, maybe i'm bias since I don't like shiny leather also, but that oily residue left over is still on my seats a week later. Driver's seat is dry and looks like how it did before essentially, but that's because most of it rubbed off onto my clothes ffs even after waiting 24hr with the windows down to drive.

Anybody try griot 3-in-1 leather/interior cleaner? I'm just looking for good UV protection since I park on the street at home, and in the sun at work in LA. I love wipes, but I also feel like the spray would be the best option since the towel buffs dry as you're applying it, rather than buffing with more cleaner.

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
I'd recommend not using Meguire's wipes whether they're the leather 3-in-1 or the interior wipes. Mine left oily streak marks all over the place, especially noticeable on the piano black and fake carbon fiber panel on the door. As for the leather, maybe i'm bias since I don't like shiny leather also, but that oily residue left over is still on my seats a week later. Driver's seat is dry and looks like how it did before essentially, but that's because most of it rubbed off onto my clothes ffs even after waiting 24hr with the windows down to drive.

Anybody try griot 3-in-1 leather/interior cleaner? I'm just looking for good UV protection since I park on the street at home, and in the sun at work in LA. I love wipes, but I also feel like the spray would be the best option since the towel buffs dry as you're applying it, rather than buffing with more cleaner.

Thanks for the tip! Glad I'm not the only fan of matte leather...

If you were referring to this 3-in-1, then yeah, I use it occasionally. It works very, very well, but I really prefer not to use it in the summer, or when it's just hot outside. It likes cool seats better, and a humid car doesn't help the smell. It stinks when you put it on (in a bad way), but it dissipates after ~12 hours, then it smells only a little leathery. Does a good job of cleaning and leaves zero gloss/residue. You can almost feel the seal on it but nothing rubs off at all. I only use it on the front and rear seats and the middle armrest cover.

Otherwise I just use the baby powder-scent chemical guys quick interior detailer for the wheel and shifter, and a non-chemical all purpose cleaner i've had success with for the seats. I wish there was a wipe version of the quick interior spray because that's like ideal for the situation I mentioned.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
I bought the Meguire Leather wipes because my steering wheel was absolutely disgusting when I received the car back from the shop. It literally took 3 full wipe passes until the wipes were no longer coming off covered black/brown from the oil mess they left on it. Though yes, they will leave oily streak marks for any areas you touch but do not fully wipe. Such as the center of the steering wheel. I can clearly see areas looking shiny where the wipe hit while the areas it did not touch are normal. It also leaves the wheel very slick so you have to be careful driving after. Until the slick eventually fades away.

As far as the dash and trim goes, I honestly do not use anything anymore. I picked up a microfiber cloth at Walmart for the car. Suuuuper soft. I leave that in the side door pocket on the passenger side. Whenever I see things getting dusty, I pull it out, do a quick pass over the entire trims and dashboard and VIOLA. Looks clean as ever. Take the cloth outside, shake it off and throw it back in the passenger side. You have zero chemicals on the dash or trim. I feel over time, this tends to fade your trim. Sure, it looks clean immediately after applying a cleaning substance, but once it dries, I feel it leaves a faded look that only gets worse over time.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
I'd ...

I use Griot's Interior cleaner for a quick wipedown and then 303 UV protectant after. Worked really well in my MCS, no fading or discoloration on the dash after 11yrs. No Armor-All on anything that isn't disposable.