GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are the GTD wheels polished or diamond cut?

garmcqui

Passed Driver's Ed
As title really - what finish are the GTD wheels?

Looking at getting some Wolf Deironiser for cleaning and want to make sure it won't damage 'em!!

Cheers :)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I've used Wolf's Deironizer quite a bit, my advise is go for an alternative such as CarPro Iron-X or Auto Finesse Iron Out, the Wolf's product is pretty poor in my opinion.

Why would you think the Wolf's product would damage the wheels? I'd be very surprised if it did.

garmcqui

Passed Driver's Ed
Cool, will give iron-x a shot then mate. Gonna follow it up with Poorboys wheel sealant, which I have already.

Car itself will be snowfoamed, washed and treated to a few coats of Collinite 476s, should bring her up nicely :)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
You shouldn't have any problems with the Poorboys or Collinite, both reliable products.

I find the Wolf's very slow to act and just isn't as effective as the CarPro or AF products. Another equally good option is Gyeon Iron.

garmcqui

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm guessing that as it's only a few weeks old, a decent wash will be all that'll be needed before the wax - no real need for a polish at this stage?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
As long as your dealer's staff didn't mess up the paintwork during the typically bad pre-delivery valet, the paintwork ought to be fine. Unlike many manufacturers, Volkswagen's cars usually leave the factory in good condition and thanks to wrapping etc. are mostly fine until the dealers spoil them.

There again, you might even have been lucky that way, all depends on the standard of pre-delivery valeting and whether the valeters used wash-brushes, gritty sponges etc., or whether they did the job properly.

garmcqui

Passed Driver's Ed
To be honest mate, the paint looks in good condition. It's white though, so swirl marks etc are harder to spot I suppose.

What about the original question, what finish is on the 18" GTD "Nogaro" wheels? Cheers

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Absolutely not idea, but whichever it's not going to matter for decontamination of ferrous fallout. My guess is they're sealed with some sort of clearcoat in any case.

Why is the finish of concern?