GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are the Golfs going to even compete anymore?

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
128 8" landscaping blocks, 4 bags of paver base, 2 rolls of geotex, 1 bucket of polymeric sand. Go for a early morning canyon run the next day.
Definitely wouldn't happen in a Supra.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
128 8" landscaping blocks, 4 bags of paver base, 2 rolls of geotex, 1 bucket of polymeric sand. Go for a early morning canyon run the next day.
Definitely wouldn't happen in a Supra.

I can hear your suspension crying from here 🤣

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
strange to compare a supra to a little german hatchback
I've always compared to them each other in the sense that the GTI is the best tuner car available under $50k and Supra is the best $50-100k

Obviously the Supra doesn't have the practicality of a GTI, but being low and aerodynamic 2 seater with RWD has it's own advantages too

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I've always compared to them each other in the sense that the GTI is the best tuner car available under $50k and Supra is the best $50-100k

Obviously the Supra doesn't have the practicality of a GTI, but being low and aerodynamic 2 seater with RWD has it's own advantages too
That second sentence is why they aren't really comperable.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
The MK8s haven't had the ECU cracked yet, any tuning done on them is with a tuning box (Think JB4). Or are you speaking to MK7s keeping up with upcoming cars?
Funny enough they just cracked the ecu a couple of days ago and this is what a tune only MK8 runs.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Why are you comparing an economy car hot hatch to a Supra anyway? That's like complaining that the Supra can't compete with the 765LT or 488.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It was a slow and careful drive home, spun the wheels a few times. Looked like I was trying for that Carolina squat look.

Wrong thread, but CSB: I rented a Hyundai in Greece, we piled 7 people into it, and played rally driver down a gravel road through olive orchards. Come over a crest, get the front in the air (5 people crammed in the back seat) and the road makes a 90 degree left immediately over the crest.

We come to rest in an olive orchard, destroyed a sprinkler, water shooting in the air, right front bent under in a rental car with less than 200 miles on it, within 5 miles of the rental place.

They brought us another car and we drove off. Lol.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I can't wait to see how the mk5 supra's hold up over time and how long toyota decides to support them. It seems like they can barely support them right now while they're still selling them. It wouldn't surprise me if toyota dealers were eventually telling people to go to the bmw dealer.