GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Are people with 2019s still experiencing the stalling issue?

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Hello All,

I know this topic has numerous threads from the past, but I am looking for some current input. I just finished paying off my 2015 Gti SE, 57,000 on the clock. My dealer has a brand new 2019 Gti SE for $27k. I am really interested in trading mine in and buying this Gti, however I am well aware of the stalling issues that plagued the 2019 models. Are you guys still having this issue? Has anybody recently purchased a 19, if so, any problems?

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
I got mine with 2500 dealer miles on it. I have put on about 1000 miles and have had no problem at all. 2019 SE 6MT

eajr

Go Kart Champion
I got mine with 2500 dealer miles on it. I have put on about 1000 miles and have had no problem at all. 2019 SE 6MT
Thanks for the reply, I've been reading alot of threads and watching a lot of YouTube and the consensus is to stray away from '19s...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
No....they have fixed the issue.

I have 22k on my 2019, I got the update the day after they released it and it fixed some DV flutter issues I was having from having higher boost requests than stock, but pre update I was not one of the 19 owners that was dealing with stalls anyways.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
No....they have fixed the issue.

I have 22k on my 2019, I got the update the day after they released it and it fixed some DV flutter issues I was having from having higher boost requests than stock, but pre update I was not one of the 19 owners that was dealing with stalls anyways.

Coming from an early model 2015, I heard of alot of other guys who had some turbo failures. I never had any problems with my car. I wonder if this issue was primarily with early model 2019s. Too bad there isn't a way to tell by running the VIN...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Coming from an early model 2015, I heard of alot of other guys who had some turbo failures. I never had any problems with my car. I wonder if this issue was primarily with early model 2019s. Too bad there isn't a way to tell by running the VIN...
They were never able to lock down a connection with the 2019s that had it and the ones that didn’t, but since the update they sent out back in November of 19 you stopped hearing about people having the problem.

Btw, my cars build date is 10/18 so one of the very early 19s

eajr

Go Kart Champion
They were never able to lock down a connection with the 2019s that had it and the ones that didn’t, but since the update they sent out back in November of 19 you stopped hearing about people having the problem.

Thanks for your input. I ran the VIN and there aren't any recalls associated with the car I'm looking at in regards to the stalling. I don't know the build date, I will probably have to make an appointment with the dealer to go check it out.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thanks for your input. I ran the VIN and there aren't any recalls associated with the car I'm looking at in regards to the stalling. I don't know the build date, I will probably have to make an appointment with the dealer to go check it out.

I wouldn't worry about it since it's been fixed.

eajr

Go Kart Champion

Correction, the build date on this car is 03/19. Just verified. Don't know if this makes a difference or not.