GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aquapel removal?

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
I put Aquapel on earlier in the year and now it's wearing very unevenly. Its completely worn through where the blades change direction and most of my windshield is streaking/hazy. I more than likely didn't prep the glass properly before applying so it's not really a knock on the product itself. I just cannot figure out how to remove this stuff from the glass. I've tried white vinegar and water (suggested by a local detailer), isopropyl alcohol, and acetone. Nothing touched it. I called the manufacturer and the guy said "just glass cleaner and a paper towel very aggressively for a long time". I can't help but think there is a better way to go about this. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I would clay bar and see if they does anything. Make sure you use something that might eat through the coating but not break down the clay

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Windshield stripper by No Touch

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
If you have a orbital polisher you can use glass polish and likely remove. You can see the polished surface as I stated away from trim.
Search glass polish on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try to clay bar it first and see what happens. Then I will probably move down the list. Unfortunately I don't have an orbital tool but I may have to invest in one of it comes down to it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to try to clay bar it first and see what happens. Then I will probably move down the list. Unfortunately I don't have an orbital tool but I may have to invest in one of it comes down to it.

If you have a drill you can just get a pad.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Start with a mild polish.
No need to scratch glass and have more issues. Test an area on hatch maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
i polished all my side windows to remove old rainx and the water spots/streaks beneath it. did them all in one night by hand with just meguairs ultimate compound and an mf towel. Recoated with rainx and they are perfect now.