GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Throttle Booster with Wireless Controller and iOS/Android App!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

Product Page
Product Page
Product Page

The APR Throttle Booster instantly transforms the way your vehicle feels by customizing how quicky your throttle or accelerator pedal works. Simply plug it in and either use the wireless controller or smart phone app to set or customize how the pedal feels. Most people don't like the way their throttle pedal feels, and while tuning can help eliminate lag, everyone has a different opinion about how it should feel. This device lets you set it exactly the way you want and allows you to quickly switch between profiles. Set it to stock, sport modes, extreme modes, and eco modes with ease. Best of all, it's a quick plug and play device that can be removed at any time.

Features:

• Improves throttle response and transforms the feel of the vehicle
  • Multiple switchable profiles including various sport modes, eco modes, and custom maps
  • Custom throttle mapping allows you to perfectly tune your throttle pedal
  • Thin and classy wireless controller
  • Bluetooth iOS and Android mobile app
  • No clunky boxes, wires, or controllers like other devices
  • Quick and easy plug-and-play design that is removable without a trace
  • Works on gas, diesel, alternative fuel, and electric vehicles
  • 30-day money back guarantee

[video]

iOS App
Android App

PCU (Pedal Control Unit)

Wireless Controller

App

Product Page
Product Page
Product Page
APR Throttle Booster with Wireless Controller and iOS/Android App!

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I know This product focuses on how the “pedal” feels. Could this not be achieved by offering different tunes that are more available via an app?

Please correct me with what i am Missing in understanding the true potential behind this product.

Pedal feels and controls is always by the driver. “Push the pedal down= go fast- don’t push the pedal down = normal driving”

What am i missing?

Thanks @Arin@APR

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
To achieve this via tuning, we would have to have an open platform where you could change the tune maps, turn off the car, upload the new file to the ECU, and start the car again. Pretty complex and not really realistic.

This changes the pedal input on the fly. Lets you set it however you see fit.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Pedal feels and controls is always by the driver. “Push the pedal down= go fast- don’t push the pedal down = normal driving”

What am i missing?

Thanks @Arin@APR
Without having some experience with these pedal boxes, it's tough to understand/explain. It really is quite transformative and is not the same as "pushing the pedal harder/faster". The voltage output for a given pedal travel is changed which you can't replicate with your foot. They work great turned all the way up (have a BMS)!!!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Here you go...this video shows it perfectly. I realize this isn't the APR one (which is slicker!) but they all work the same w/r to how the controller is working.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Oh wow, okay that’s def interesting @tigeo - thanks for the assist!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Oh wow, okay that’s def interesting @tigeo - thanks for the assist!
I love my BMS one and I'd get this APR one in a heartbeat...no wires. I set mine on full/max/race 100% of time. With a DSG, it's almost like a DSG tune.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
It’s the cheaper of mods to check out for sure

tigeo

Autocross Champion
It’s the cheaper of mods to check out for sure
Agreed and many feel they are gimmicky and of course...have never actually tried one or understand how they work.