GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR TCU tune launch rpms

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
TCU flashed with APR tune on 29 Sep 19.
Specifically asked for 4,000 rpm launch.
I've only tried a launch once, and engine went to 4k rpm and launched hard, as expected.

Today, attempted a second launch and engine only went to 2,000 rpm and since turbo was not spooled up, so launch was slow and horrible.

Tried 4 additional launches and engine would not rise above 2,000 rpm. Stomped hard on brake, immediately flooring gas also, as I was instructed.

I'll call them Monday, but asking if anyone has had such an issue, and what, if any, was your solution.
BTW, T/C was off.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Was everything up to operating temp?

thatgolfrguy

I'll mention a couple of things I have found in the past.
1. The brake pedal needs to be 100% depressed on my car for it to enter launch control. Like it literally needs to be pressing against the floorboards
2. If any of the car's temps are not up to operating temperature, my car won't enter launch control.
For myself, the majority of the time that it wont enter launch control is because I am not pressing hard enough on the brake pedal.

*Edit*
When you stomp on the brake pedal make sure it is literally hitting the floor.

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
I'll mention a couple of things I have found in the past.
1. The brake pedal needs to be 100% depressed on my car for it to enter launch control. Like it literally needs to be pressing against the floorboards
2. If any of the car's temps are not up to operating temperature, my car won't enter launch control.
For myself, the majority of the time that it wont enter launch control is because I am not pressing hard enough on the brake pedal.

*Edit*
When you stomp on the brake pedal make sure it is literally hitting the floor.

I just went out for a spin and brought it up to operating temperature.

Evidently I wasn't pushing either the brake or gas HARD enough.
Launch hit hard and worked flawlessly and pulls fkn hard.
At 70, I guess I've got to do more leg reps at the gym!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I don't press that hard for LC. I'd say just very firmly, not trying to test the strength of the pedal bracket fasteners. I had a car where when I panic stopped to try to avoid hitting an animal and blew out the master cylinder. Installed a new one and when I tried the brakes I blew a front caliper cylinder seal. I found how much I needed to press and try not to exceed it. Of course if you're I'm under warranty...

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
i believe APR has a multi rev limit launch. something like:

Half press = 3k
Full press (before KDS) = 3.5k
Full press past KDS = 4k

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't press that hard for LC. I'd say just very firmly, not trying to test the strength of the pedal bracket fasteners. I had a car where when I panic stopped to try to avoid hitting an animal and blew out the master cylinder. Installed a new one and when I tried the brakes I blew a front caliper cylinder seal. I found how much I needed to press and try not to exceed it. Of course if you're I'm under warranty...

It's a good thing that the braking system in the newer cars with automatic collision braking don't blow out the master cylinder or caliper seals because when the brakes activate with automatic collision braking they apply more force then any human can and it sounds terrible.

rodon

Passed Driver's Ed

Fed, what vehicle was that, a ‘63 Rambler???