MK5 Best GTI
Taws are awesome wheels

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Probably $800 - $1,200. Figuring you can get a custom made CF wheel for $500 or so, have to pay extra for that APR tax to have their branding on it.

And you can have it custom tailored to your liking - material, stitching, etc.. At least in my case with the folks at URO Tuning..

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
wheel.jpg

UroTuning.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

cnace2

Passed Driver's Ed

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Thanks. Is that who you used? Any issues? Feedback? Cost?

Getting it coded is the main thing that has stopped me from pursuing getting this done. Unlike most people around here, I love the digital dash.
No, I coded it myself after having the dealer remove component protection. But I have used that retrofit company before, they know what they are doing.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
It's all the same chinesium. Don't fool yourself into thinking paying more gets more quality.
The difference is the core. Yes I know my wheel was assembled in China too, but using an OEM core instead of whatever junk the other guys use makes a difference. Look at the Urotining picture, see how the top of the wheel is flat? MK7's don't have a flat top wheel.

You get what you pay for.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
The difference is the core. Yes I know my wheel was assembled in China too, but using an OEM core instead of whatever junk the other guys use makes a difference. Look at the Urotining picture, see how the top of the wheel is flat? MK7's don't have a flat top wheel.

You get what you pay for.

I'm pretty sure the flat top is a design choice... It's not like Urotuning got a batch of warped wheels and was like... yeah that looks good to send out lol