GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR stage II downpipe, emissions.

hopesasquashed

Car(s)
Golf 2015 MK7 1.8T
I've searched around and found mixed reports. Maybe someone will search this out. My state is Illinois.

With APR not selling their Stage II tune & DP anymore, I'm concerned this might be a ln issue in the future, too.

I have some time to prepare, but I wanted to see if anyone has had trouble and how they passed.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Your question is not clear at all - what is your question?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i think i get what youre asking. You have a stage 2 downpipe in illinois and want to pass emmissions one day

Im in your same state and boat. Though, i have a highflow catted downpipe. The guys at local apr daaler near me said i can pass emissions via getting my tune flashed to stock (just for shop time fees) and putting in an 02 sensor spacer. Go get tested, pass and come back to get reflashed. If you have a catless downpipe, you MAY be better off swapping a stock downpipe in for emissions but really im not sure. I think they basically plug an obd11 reader into your car to maoe sure the car thinks its 'ready' for emissions. I do NOT think they put a 'sniffer' in the tailpipes. Maybe others can clarify

Apr will not be able to sell the tune after september however can unflash/reflash existing customers

hopesasquashed

Car(s)
Golf 2015 MK7 1.8T
Yes that is my question: Will APR Stage 2 with APR downpipe pass. I've read mixed reports on what, if anything needs to be done.

Thanks for info riceburner. Lines up with a lot of my research, but I was curious to see if others passed without all that.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
No it will not pass. You will need to flash to stock and run a O2 sensor spacer to get readiness set.

apfmx55

Car(s)
2017 mk7 GTI
Little late to the party but I passed in IL. Run ful catback Unitronic exhaust and Unitronic stage 2. I flashed back to stock like suggested before and ran an O2 spacer. Actually ended up using a spark plug spacer since some of the nicer O2 spacers didnt work for me. Then ran OBD2 and monitored emissions readiness and then went in. Super easy 👍.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Little late to the party but I passed in IL. Run ful catback Unitronic exhaust and Unitronic stage 2. I flashed back to stock like suggested before and ran an O2 spacer. Actually ended up using a spark plug spacer since some of the nicer O2 spacers didnt work for me. Then ran OBD2 and monitored emissions readiness and then went in. Super easy 👍.
This is the way.....